TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Normal to have 50 miles in mileage before delivery?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by cbflip2000, Aug 24, 2016.

1. cbflip2000

cbflip2000 New Member

Hey I just received my final purchase agreement and notice that the ODM reading on the paperwork says 50. I'm guessing this is for testing purposes or have they been having joy rides in the vechile? I bought my last car at 3 miles odometer reading lol.

2. Jeffrey Mayer

Jeffrey Mayer Member

They put 50 on every purchase agreement. I have two Tesla's, each came with under 20 miles on them.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. democappy

democappy Member

Like Jeffrey said, all purchase agreements say 50. My actual car had 5 miles on it when I received it.

4. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

mine had 18 but the PA said 50.

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

50 and 14 here.
    Relax.......if you were a 19 y/o shop hand, wouldn't you joyride one of these if you could? ;)

6. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Said 50, had 12 IIRC.

7. avesraggiana

avesraggiana Member

Whew....what a relief to find this old thread. I turned in my brand new 75D to the auto detailers yesterday, and “checked” on my car today using the Tesla app. I noticed that the mileage was high, considering I’d only had the car for twenty-four hours before turning it over to detailers. Frantically, I started adding up the miles I’d driven, all the while thinking crazy thoughts about “those young punks” at the detail shop taking my car out for a spin!

I could account for all but but 17 miles. So, it sounds about right. No joyriding by detail boys. 50 and 17 over here.

• Like x 1
  8. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

I've been to three Model S deliveries and they had 7 miles, 6 miles and 6 miles, respectively. They all had the default "50 miles" on the paperwork.

9. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

#9 SMAlset, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    We just picked up our MS last week and noticed the same 50 on our paperwork when we got home. We remember during our orientation that our DS had said we had 5 miles on it. We thought maybe it was a typo and actually mentioned this to Telsa's customer service when we called them about activating the mobile app. Seeing this thread and all the replies, I guess it's typical, probably to cover any test drives they might have to do.

Avesraggiana we too had dropped our car off immediately after delivery for FPP and when we got the mobile app activated, checked the car and saw it only had 13 miles on it, which matched up to our calculations driving from Tesla. We were so excited about getting the car that when we got home we realized we had never checked the mileage or the software version. Looks like we have the current version, so nothing to have pushed right now, so happy about that.

• Like x 1
  10. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

I don't recall the specific mileage when we picked up our S 100D last week, though I believe it was less than 50, even though the paperwork had 50 listed as the mileage.

11. animorph

animorph Member

Picked up our X yesterday with 5 miles displayed on the car, 50 miles on the paperwork.

12. croman

croman Active Member

Mine also said 50, had 12. Local SC did their own 6 mile test. Tesla apparently does a 6 mile test track QC before car is sent out.

13. moarpwr

moarpwr Member

They told me this is a standardized thing across the board. All new cars are listed as 50 miles. obviously when I picked up mine it had less than 5.

14. Ddowns2050

Ddowns2050 Member

My S100D, the first one delivered from my service center as well as one of the first ones produced I believe, was listed at 86 miles but delivered with 104 miles on it. They took it to the local supercharger to charge it right before I picked it up which would account for the difference.
    This is the 4th Tesla I have bought, all the others had less than 20 miles on them but were listed at 50.