TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

North American Tesla Supercharger locations

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by dsm363, Sep 1, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Doug Martoccia

Pictures

It might be useful to add a set of photos of each location. This would aid in identifying the sites "on the ground."

2. alexkiritz

alexkiritz Member

This wiki is going to get really hard to maintain really quickly. Is it even worth it?

3. Aphysician

Aphysician Member, Michigan Chapter

Hello everyone, just stumbled across the supercharger wiki. I guess we will be seeing a lot of actions here in next few months. This wiki already has important information. I had few more suggestions on things that can be helpful during charging break. Tesla wants to build supercharger at locations, where people would like to stop and enjoy their break. It will be useful to add following things.

(1) Amenities
    (2) Things to do nearby
    (3) Food and Restaurant Recommendations

Please see the table I posted in Michigan Supercharger Thread.
    Michigan Supercharger Locations

4. wraithnot

wraithnot Model 3 VIN #2942 Model S VIN #5785

This is a great idea. How about adding a link to a separate wiki for each supercharger location for more detailed notes? This could include things that I learned at each supercharger location that I visited and would have been helpful to know ahead of time like "located behind the chilis- nearby gas station/convenience store. Outlet mall nearby and accessible by a pedestrian walkway" for the Barstow supercharger or "IN-N-OUT located nearby, but at the opposite side of travel plaza from the supercharger and requires crossing three separate crosswalks to get there" for Tejon Ranch.

5. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

This would be insanely valuable if Tesla would link the Supercharger wiki into the car. Things to do nearby, etc.

6. Aphysician

@wraithnot & @palpatine

I agree, having a link to a separate wiki is a better idea then crowding information on one page. We can have only vital information on the main page and then can decide what information can go on dedicated page for the supercharger. It would be important to know POI before hand, to save time at the stop, as after Tesla changed the standard it won't take long to fill up the charge again. It will also avoid hogging of the supercharger bays.

7. Banahogg

Banahogg Member

FWIW, as part of the last update to the page, Tesla now has POI information for each supercharger if you click on the name in the list. For example, Gilroy Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Given how long it took me to notice they added that, I figured some others may not have seen it yet...

8. Aphysician

@banahogg

Thank you for noticing. I certainly had no idea about it. This effectively solves what we were discussing lately.

9. TXjak

TXjak Owner/Investor/Advocate

Given that the superchargers show up in "Places" on the nav screen with 4.5, it would seem that one should be able to access that from any old web browser.

If not, why not?

10. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I have just updated this list.
    ALL are either Open or heavy under construction, not just filed for permit.

Hope I have not messed up any protocol.

Can someone PLEASE also have a thread for EUROPE Supercharger Stations (Norway's is up and running)

11. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

I think there is supposed to be one in/near Providence, RI, that one is missing from your list.

12. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

13. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Both are already on the Wiki List

14. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Does anyone have Pics of this to confirm it is under construction?
    It may have a permit, but not on the list until photos show substantial construction progress and address/location.

15. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Should there not be columns on the wiki for specific info about the state of development at each site? (120KW-capable, Solar, Battery Backup, Swap Station on-site, etc)

16. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I'm just glad to know that the ones on this list are open and operating.
    I have NO idea how anyone would confirm, update and then accurately add that much additional data to this list.

Regarding Swap Stations: I think that should be its own Independent Wiki List.
    I don't see that function occurring at a typical SC station.

17. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

I fail to see why it would be any more difficult than reporting the status of new Supercharger construction. Somebody would make note of those things when using a given supercharger.

120KW-capable: Simple calculation using your observed charge rate (rate > 90KW = 120KW)
    Solar array: Self-evident from observing the site
    Battery backup: More difficult as some are reportedly fairly well hidden, but once one knows what to look for they shouldn't be hard to spot
    Swap station: Same as battery backup. Don't really think they need their own wiki, as they will always be located at a pre-existing Supercharger. Probably won't see many of these for a while.

18. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

NEW SUPERCHARGING STATIONS

Great news
    might be as many as THREE SC stations coming on-line this week.

Orange, FL: Sept. 17 (tomorrow)
    Glenwood Springs, CO: probably Thur or Fri this week
    Darien, CT: Operational

There is a lot going on, more on the way....

19. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards SUN PWR

The new Southbound supercharger location in Darien, Connecticut on I-95 is between exits 9 and 10 (just after passing exit 10). Both this site and the TeslaMotors.com site have INCORRECT information about its location with the wrong exit numbers. I hope these can be corrected SOON since out of state drivers will feel that they missed the location and then, perhaps, pass by it later.

20. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

Just to clarify ... the description on Tesla's Supercharger main page is incorrect; saying that it is between Exit 10 & 11 -- however, the actual Darien Southbound Supercharger page seems to have the correct description (I-95 South after Exit 10).

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.