Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North California - delivery time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I chalk it up to coincidence, but what I was told by the Fremont DC last week actually held up. I got a VIN today with a new EDD range of today (I know) through 12/26.
Moved to Thurs, due to trouble with Plaid/bank. Original delivery date March '22

MY LR FSD
Model Y delivery... 12-4 on Thursday 23rd... just a few miles from Fremont. (was scheduled for March/April

Delivered (driven from Fremont not towed) on time, paid and signed docs. Took delivery in less than 10 minutes, at home. great experience.

I have the same story as Balckpearl_m. Assigned a VIN and given a time/date for pickup in Carlsbad, CA. The day of delivery, 12/31, they changed the time to later that day, then I noticed the site erased my VIN completely, and the message went back to "we are building your car". I called and they said my car "didn't make it on the truck". Now they tell me the original VIN was "reconfigured", and I was given another VIN with EDD of Jan 3-8. They change their story each time I call now. They won't commit to a date. Ordered 8/16.
So now my husband and I have a bank loan and insurance for a VIN that we won't have, and a missed day of work for a delivery that didn't happen. I realize this is a first world problem, but we are putting up big money for this car, and Elon certainly doesn't need to pad his bottom line with saving on transport. I'm almost angry enough to cancel.

Hey beemboy, have you checked your account today? I just checked mine and my EDD moved up to Jan 11 - Feb 8. I can almost guess that yours did the same thing.
I just checked mine on 1/4/21 at 8 AM. it is still showing 3/12-04/09 EDD. I changed from the finance to the Cash option when the finance was expired. Good, your EDD is moved up and I'm happy for you.

Last edited:
I just checked mine on 1/4/21 at 8 AM. it is still showing 3/12-04/09 EDD. Good, your EDD is moved up and I'm happy for you.
Hi. I understand your frustration. I ordered a month before you and have had my EDD bounce around as well. My window now opens January 12 through February 9, so who knows when I'll get my car?

There are tradeoffs in ordering a Tesla. No dealers that carry inventory on their lots, which means the factory is managing individual deliveries to hundreds of thousands in a quarter. (It also means you won't get an unexpected dealer markup if you order a car, like we've seen with Ford and Mercedes.) Also, the winter storms played havoc with a lot of delivery dates and truck shipments. Truck drivers are in short supply everywhere. Teslas are in such demand that they're dealing with an 84% increase in deliveries year over year, which is literally unprecedented in the auto industry. Yes, their customer service is a mess, but it is a young company with a superior product that comes with some growing pains. That's what I tell myself anyway. My brother, who has a M3 and an MY, promises it is well worth the wait. Anyway, good luck. The end is in sight, sort of.

Looks like they have moved at least 3 of us out. MOM4, on 12/16 you said they asked you if you were ready for Dec/21 delivery. I guess you either weren't ready or they never came through with delivery?
That's what they said , I had financing ready, insurance then ton Christmas morning they puched me to March--April, and now is February-March.

Thanks. It is tough with all these EDD changes. Mine was getting close so I was working on finalizing payment in insurance preparations so I wouldn't have to rush after I get the VIN. The next day they moved it out 6 weeks. But I am OK with the delay as I may get the Li-ion battery and the AMD Ryzen chip.