Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Service letdown....grade F for Raleigh and Charlotte

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My postings are almost universally positive re: Tesla. This one isn’t. Sorry for the rant.

For 8 days now, I’m been trying to get the North Carolina service team to schedule an appointment for my new X’s AC failure. I’m in the Charlotte area but for whatever reason the Raleigh team handled the request and held it for four days without addressing nor forwarding to the proper service office.

Then, when they realized it was a Charlotte problem, they transferred the “file” to Charlotte. Since last Thursday afternoon, I’ve called each day (today on hold for twenty minutes, other days at least 15 minutes) looking for a status on a fix (evidently Charlotte doesn’t fully agree with raleigh’s o ring failure diagnosis but....) and each time the person answering phone tells me service tech will call me back within the hour. And...each day no one calls.

It’s almost still 90 degrees in Charlotte...I need my X’s AC to work.

Congrats on a great sales quarter but Tesla please don’t fail the service end.

A friend of mine is in the Charlotte service center region and got his Model 3 as a gift from his wife. He likes the car but says the service has been so lackluster that he wouldn't purchase another Tesla if it didn't get better.

for whatever reason i have the number that goes straight to the service center not corporate, is this the case for you?

i've never had to hold...i just googled the local store's number and press 2. when i google the service center it gives a different phone # and when you press 2 it goes to corporate service bs.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
for whatever reason i have the number that goes straight to the service center not corporate, is this the case for you?

i've never had to hold...i just googled the local store's number and press 2. when i google the service center it gives a different phone # and when you press 2 it goes to corporate service bs.

Well, I hit 2, then 2 and get routed to a North Carolina telephone rep (eventually). But as I’m sure you know it’s only step one in Tesla’s four part process: telephone rep, diagnostic analyst who reads cars computer for error messages, parts person, actual tech in center that will fix vehicle.

I’ve only been able to get to first step who then pings folks down the line (who never call).

Update: I was able to get it escalated and spoke to a Charlotte tech late today. They’re taking X in tomorrow (lol, first he told me the 12th but I pushed back strongly and he found a spot for me).