Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Tesla Energy Installations (by Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Tesla Energy has either started or is planning on doing energy installations in North Carolina. I'm starting this thread for two primary reasons:
  • I hope this thread will be an ongoing discussion for folks in North Carolina with helpful input from those in other regions who have been through the process.
  • I'm in Atlanta, Georgia where installations are supposed to start soon even though mine is not scheduled yet. I'm curious how the process went for the first installations. Were the crews experienced? Were they Tesla employees or were they subcontractors? I'm really looking for any information that would be helpful for others who are about to follow in your path.

While I'm not in NC, I'm in the southern part of VA, Tesla just installed my 16 kw solar, 3 PowerWalls, and Tesla gateway just over a month ago. I'm not sure how long Tesla Energy has been doing installations in southern VA, but I think they are pairing experienced installers with their newer hires to get them trained. The entire team were Tesla employees, no subcontractors. My install team was based out of Richmond, VA, but the electrician said they also do installs out of Raleigh, NC. About two weeks prior to installation the Richmond installation coordinator reached out to me by phone and scheduled the install. He was good about keeping me up to date about possible weather delays. The crew that did my install were very professional showing up right on time each morning and keeping the jobsite clean. So far I am very pleased with my installation and the performance of the system. I've run my house entirely off the solar and PowerWalls for the past month and also kept my Model 3 charged up with the breaker to my utility company switched off as I'm still waiting on permission to operate from Dominion Energy.

While I'm not in NC, I'm in the southern part of VA, Tesla just installed my 16 kw solar, 3 PowerWalls, and Tesla gateway just over a month ago. I'm not sure how long Tesla Energy has been doing installations in southern VA, but I think they are pairing experienced installers with their newer hires to get them trained. The entire team were Tesla employees, no subcontractors. My install team was based out of Richmond, VA, but the electrician said they also do installs out of Raleigh, NC. About two weeks prior to installation the Richmond installation coordinator reached out to me by phone and scheduled the install. He was good about keeping me up to date about possible weather delays. The crew that did my install were very professional showing up right on time each morning and keeping the jobsite clean. So far I am very pleased with my installation and the performance of the system. I've run my house entirely off the solar and PowerWalls for the past month and also kept my Model 3 charged up with the breaker to my utility company switched off as I'm still waiting on permission to operate from Dominion Energy.
Thanks, that's really helpful. From reading other posts in other states it seems like the installation crews are often a bright spot in the overall process.

I understand the thought behind the thread, but will state up front that I am not really enamored with state by state threads for this kind of stuff. If there is a thread for North Carolina, then If / When someone from each other state wants to try to spin up a thread we have to have separate ones for those too, and it ends up fragmenting a discussion vs bringing it together.

You are asking about North Carolina, but not even in that state (and already have a thread for Georgia :

And the stated goal is the same " Your experiences while tesla is starting installations here", so in my mind these should be combined into one thread thats called " Experiences with Tesla Energy at the beginning of Service in your state".

......................................... And the stated goal is the same " Your experiences while tesla is starting installations here", so in my mind these should be combined into one thread thats called " Experiences with Tesla Energy at the beginning of Service in your state".
Understood and agree. I've started the new thread so please feel free to merge the three threads.

At Moderator request a new thread for all states has been created. Please reply there.

Status
Not open for further replies.