Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were busy! Lots of 3s had just come in. I observed atleast two other parties there taking delivery of Ys though.

Pretty painless. Sent over USAA dealer request yesterday morning and had no issues.

I was there for about 40 minutes start to finish. Staff was nice and the SA that had emailed me that morning saw me check in and came out to say hi.

533288E3-4623-45DF-A40A-CB1AFED4433D.jpeg

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

104 days order to delivery.

Reactions: TwelveVoltMan
Ill confirm the 60 day thing, i also switched my model 3 coverage to my new model Y coverage the night before (I no longer owned my model 3 anyway). I was told that would be viewed as a lapse in coverage so they had to assign me a new tag, but then it turned out it didn’t matter since mine expired end of October anyway.
Our next pick up is another Y in the november to December time frame apparently and the tags expire end of December, so now we know.

As part of the delivery process it says " Tesla will mail your registration and the state DMV will mail your title. Tesla will mail your plates and registration once processing is complete."

- How long it took for you all to get the title from DMV
- How long for the plates and registration?

Thanks

This is my config.
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
I just talked with my SA and he said the truck for Charlotte is due to come in on 31-Oct, and he got me a pickup slot for a few days after that.

I also have a white 3 LR in the hopper. Though this one isn't necessary as our other car is 3 years old, trying to take advantage of high trade-in value. That's slated for delivery 25-Oct to 25-Nov. No VIN on that yet. Assuming that would be separate delivery from my Y.

Reactions: felizf
|Add me in (sigh). OD...today. No EDD except the “May” off the order page.
Joining as latest buyer, way at back of Hertz line, and at highest price possible.
But current super happy owner of M3P Stealth, which will tide me through the long months of suffering ahead.
MYLR | Blue | Black | Gemini wheels | 5-seat | No Tow | No FSD

Reactions: felizf
Finally completed my profile earlier this week after the most recent $2K price-hike on the MY. I've been keeping my April order on hold for a long time waiting to see whether the tax credits become a reality (not in any rush for a new car). At $6K below current MY prices, I figured I should just go ahead with my order to avoid having it cancelled. My EDD is in the late Feb, early March time-frame, so I should be fine to be covered by tax credits if the current EV bill ever gets passed through Congress.

I have a 2008 minivan and 2010 sedan, both of whom have a CD player and not even bluetooth! Can't wait to be ushered into the modern era :D