Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Central Washington high amperage L2 Charging Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mike, thanks for the good vibes! If you go to the very first post in this thread I listed our 501 (c) 3 status and mailing address. So, yes, you can donate and we can provide a federal tax compliant receipt. Also many employers will match. Seattle City Light will set the date for the opening, but I will for sure be encouraging them to wait until the North Cascade Highway is open. We will be working to gather as many EVs as possible from western and eastern Washington. May plan a BBQ in Winthrop to be kind of an add on target of opportunity.

We finally caught a day of 40 degrees so I washed about two pounds of road grime off our Model S.

Thanks Jack. Checking with our corp program on matching - fingers crossed :)

Was primarily using sleds over this weekend whilst mine was back on the west side staying (somewhat) clean. The melt at this time of year is unusual for sure, doubly so considering no snow until Feb last year. What do you use to get that molasses off your paint?

Help and Assistance

Member "MikeBur" 's post reminded me that Plug-In North Central Washington is a unique blend of private, individual energy and capital, and organizational oversight. Our all volunteer board of directors helps to organize and focus EVents and charger placements. They are also the connection to city, county and state agencies and governments. It is, however, the individual EV driver and electrification supporter that make it possible to attain the goals set by the board. "MikeBur" asked about how to help. My answer is this; first and most importantly participation in EV activities. The ordinary citizen is neutral or slightly negative towards electric vehicles until they encounter an EV driver. The parallel is talk to people. Charlene and I try to always follow up on the parking lot comment, "nice car..." Yes, it takes a few minutes but it changes minds and improves attitudes.

Financially one very cool way to assist is via the Amazon Smile program. The shopping experience is identical to regular Amazon but when you sign in via the Smile portal Amazon will donate a small portion of all our purchases to Plug-In NCW. Note: you will have to designate your donation target as; NCWEDD which is how we hold our 501 (c) 3 status. You can also donate via our website pluginncw.com or by mail. The address and our federal and state documentation is posted on the first and second posts of this thread. Questions can be answered by Private Message to me.

Last edited:
Car Dealership Education

Plug-In North Central Washington has been working with our local Ford, Chevrolet and Nissan dealerships to educate their sales staff concerning electric vehicles. The salespeople showed real enthusiasm for the idea of a new owner kit. So, we have started developing one. One of the items in this kit will be an invitation to "Baby showers" (which will be EV drive ins) held every few months. These will consist of informal meetups at local burger and beer places with large parking lots. We will also have an offer to link up the new owner with an EVentor. The other items will be educational on the types of charging, locations in central Washington, etiquette and a hang tag that will allow you to use a dry erase pen to put phone number and expected "finish" time on it. I'll get some pictures posted as soon as we have the artwork completed.

Plug-In NCW Nominated

On February 19th Plug-In North Central Washington was excited to learn we are a nominee for the "2015 Tech Savvy Business Award."

According to GWATA (Greater Wenatchee Area Technology Alliance), "A Tech Savvy Business is an organization or entity that has successfully applied technology to one or more aspects of their operations to improve their efficiencies or differentiate their product or service for a competitive advantage. Nominees will be judged on their level of innovation, success of technology integration, contribution to the local economic base, and the impact of the improved product or service on internal and external constituent."

The top three candidates will be announced February 20. Awards will be presented March 17 at GWATA’s 2015 Innovator Awards Luncheon, held at the Wenatchee Convention Center from 12pm-1:30pm. We will let you know how we do...

Update: 27 FEb 2015

UPDATE: GWATA announced to day that Plug-In North Central Washington is one of the three finalists for selection!

On February 19th Plug-In North Central Washington was excited to learn we are a nominee for the "2015 Tech Savvy Business Award."

According to GWATA (Greater Wenatchee Area Technology Alliance), "A Tech Savvy Business is an organization or entity that has successfully applied technology to one or more aspects of their operations to improve their efficiencies or differentiate their product or service for a competitive advantage. Nominees will be judged on their level of innovation, success of technology integration, contribution to the local economic base, and the impact of the improved product or service on internal and external constituent."

The top three candidates will be announced February 20. Awards will be presented March 17 at GWATA’s 2015 Innovator Awards Luncheon, held at the Wenatchee Convention Center from 12pm-1:30pm. We will let you know how we do...

UPDATE: GWATA announced to day that Plug-In North Central Washington is one of the three finalists for selection!

UPDATE: 17 March, we are pleased to say that GWATA awarded the Confluence Medical Center the award for their work in using microprocessor controlled exoskeleton devices to assist in rehabilitation of individuals who have suffered paralysis. If you don't win it is great to lose to a really worthy contestant!

Newhalem Update

It has been a long process but according to our source at the SCL Newhalem site the Eaton chargers are physically installed. The hold up is installation of a new transformer. The expected opening date is before the 4th of July. Sounds like a great reason to visit Newhalem! Plug-In North Central Washington has worked closely with Seattle City Light to finish this last segment of the Cascade Loop to need EVSE units installed. We have offered to lend an 80A Clipper Creek unit because the North Cascades Highway is open and the EV tourism season is already happening. At this time we are waiting for a response to our offer.

Newhalem Installation.jpg

Plug-In North Central Washington is sending a "loaner" 80A charger to Newhalem on Thursday of this week. We will announce it on PlugShare and other sites when it is operational. Our unit will be free to use and available until the Seattle City Light units are activated. The weather is fine, come on over!

CS-100 is Operational at Newhalem

Today we are pleased to announce that the Plug-In North Central Washington "Loaner" CS-100 (80A) is operational at the Seattle City Light Newhalem site on Highway 20. You will notice that there are two Eaton pedestal mounted units across from the store and visitor's center. Two of these are 40A and to are 70A. The reason for the loaner CS-100 is that the new Eaton units need a transformer placed and that is still a month away. So for now, EV tourist can use the free for public use Plug-In North Central Washington unit until the Eatons are connected.
CS100 Newhalem.jpg

The PDF attachment is a site map to the charger. we will be placing this temporary cahrging opportunity on PlugShare. Weather is fine, it is a great time to visit North Central Washington
http://www.pluginncw.com Jack

Attachments

• cs100 newhalem Site Map.pdf
    211.2 KB · Views: 67
Congratulations on getting this on place. Nice 1/2 way spot on the way to Winthrop. Look forward to a stop there soon.
And "soon" was in the same week, hardly any time at all on the Tesla scale.

I saw 69A and 42mph charging. I stopped at the permanent chargers in the visitor parking area first when looking for this one and someone was working on them. He told me it would be a few days for those four connections to be operational, but led me over to the temporary one that JackA placed. It's tucked away over toward the maintenance equipment area, on the opposite side of the road from the main visitor parking.

Had an interesting conversation with one of the electricians there and another staff member, both very curious about EVs, both personally and professionally. Good folks, very hospitable.

This was just a test run for me and I had the reserves to get me back if these were not operational, but it turned into a great drive (hard to beat Hwy 20) and a good lunch stop.

Thanks, Jack, for getting this in place.

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 290
The Gov's Facebook account just published a story about the Cascade Loop and linked to the website. Nice to see the news getting out -- and it was new to me as a new owner.

Thanks to everyone who's been involved. I'll be taking advantage of your work soon.

The Gov's Facebook account just published a story about the Cascade Loop and linked to the website. Nice to see the news getting out -- and it was new to me as a new owner.

Thanks to everyone who's been involved. I'll be taking advantage of your work soon.

Great! It bears repeating how grateful we all are for the for of Jack and his colleagues at Plugin NCW, as well as the support and cooperation of Kent Rathwell and his team at Sun Country Highway.

Funding Required

Plug-In North Central Washington has installed thirteen haL2 (70A or higher) in central Washington. We are now making the reach to Spokane. With the completion of the Waterville, WA EVSE unit at the Highway 2 Brew we have only two more charging opportunities to provide before EV80 vehicles can make the Spokane to Wenatchee journey. With these stations in place an EV80 can actually make it across Washington from Everett to Spokane. I may be incorrect, but I think Highway 2 will be the only East - West route across the state with dedicated charging opportunities for EV80 vehicles. We have the ClipperCreek CS-100 units on hand but are having some difficulties finding Host locations that can afford the entire cost of installation. In Coulee City our host has an estimated installation of $3,100.

We are asking for your help. Please consider donating to Plug-In NCW and noting that you would like the money to go to helping Host locations install EVSE on Highway 2. After Coulee City we will be working in Davenport. Then the BIG one Electric City at Grand Coulee Dam; ready to visit the light show? While we do not have estimates for Davenport or Electric City I anticipate that we will need about $9,000 to assist these three hosts. All money not spent on these installations will be put into our EVSE purchase pool. None of your donations will be used for administrative purposes.

Donations will be acknowledged with a receipt that is recognized by the federal government under our 501 (c) 3 status. Visit our Website at pluginncw.com and use the "Donate" button or send a check to: Plug-In NCW, PO Box 4107, Wenatchee, WA 98807-4107. As in the past we will provide a Patron Dedication for donors of $2,000 or more.

Questions? Post them here or PM me. We thank you for helping to extend the Electric Highway... Jack

Banks Lake Brew - Coulee City on Highway 2

We are very pleased to announce that a Plug-In North Central Washington haL2 (80A) EVSE unit will be installed at the Banks Lake Brew on Highway 2 in Coulee City, WA. This is the second haL2 (80A) unit that is on the "Coffee Corridor" (Wenatchee to Spokane) which is our nickname because so far both Hosts on this segment are coffee shops. The Banks Lake Brew is well situated with walking access to a lake side hiking trail, park, marina, downtown and places to eat. The Banks Lake Brew serves coffee and food in a very pleasant and slightly upscale environment.

Installation is scheduled to start on 31 July and for validation on 01 August. We have good prospects for obtaining a Host in Davenport and Grand Coulee. When completed an EV with the capabilities of a Nissan Leaf will be able to travel from Everett to Spokane making this the first EV80 cross state route.

We need you assistance NOW! Take a look at the "Pitch" (Funding Required) and make a decision to help!