Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Central Washington high amperage L2 Charging Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are correct! These chargers are behind City Hall where the Mayor and police have offices.
Got a photo of me charging next to a new 85D (had no plates yet).

Charge.PNG

Next haL2; Davenport, WA

Plug-In NCW has really been fortunate in finding some real EV enthusiast in Davenport WA on Highway 2. We are working with the city and others to place a haL2 80A EVSE unit at the County Museum in Davenport. This site and the potential Host are within a walking block of a beautiful park, swimming pool, shopping, eating and my favorite a small reflection park with bandstand in the middle of the business district.

When this charging opportunity is completed it will mark Highway 2 as the only East-West cross state route with J1772 haL2 70A or 80A. An EV80 (Like Nissan Leaf or Fiat 500e or BMW i3) will be able to drive from Everett to Spokane! Check it out on PlugShare.

Second Year Update

2015 is now history! Plug-In North Central Washington started the haL2 project in August of 2013, if you look at the first post in the thread you will find our original plan for making EV tourism possible in north central Washington. Many of you contributed ideas, time and money to move this project from concept to reality. We are nearly finished with the original set of objectives. The City of Tonasket approved funds to install an 80A EVSE yesterday and the City of Davenport is actively seeking funds for the provisioning of the electrical power needed. Plug-In NCW has the chargers and is standing by to facilitate theses installations. What we did not have in our plan was that the City of Chelan would end up with four 80A chargers rather than the one we anticipated and that we would find a host in Wenatchee at the Pybus Public Market. The "golden" check marks show operational haL2 stations while the "targets" represent our two current projects. Just a note; Seattle City Light is still operating one of our haL2 EVSEs at their Newhalem site.

For more information and an opportunity to help, take a look at http://www.pluginncw.com Thanks for helping electrify north central Washington. Be sure to, "come on over!"

Jack

Attachments

• Original PlugIn NCW System Map Checked.jpg
    Original PlugIn NCW System Map Checked.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 77
Plug-In North Central Washington is partnering with the Chelan County PUD to provide more haL2 charging in Chelan County. The PUD will purchase and install the chargers while Plug-In NCW will pay for the electrical energy dispensed. Result is more free charging in central Washington. Our July, "Ice Age Floods Tour II" will be the first fund raising effort to support this project. Our plan is to sell sponsor advertising at the charger site which will reduce the amount of money we have to pay. Likely locations for these new charging opportunities will be PUD operated dams and parks.

Plug-In North Central Washington is also working with Washington DOT and L3 vendors to establish L3 charging in Pateros, Omak and Tonasket which are on the Highway 97 corridor between Wenatchee and Canada. This is an intended use of the $50 surcharge on our EV registrations. There are plenty of regulations and requirements so this effort is in the "long range" category.

Plug-In North Central Washington is also working with Washington DOT and L3 vendors to establish L3 charging in Pateros, Omak and Tonasket which are on the Highway 97 corridor between Wenatchee and Canada. This is an intended use of the $50 surcharge on our EV registrations. There are plenty of regulations and requirements so this effort is in the "long range" category.
Great news Jack. Thanks for the update. This week I'm meeting with the PUD's in the Tri-Cities on this same subject (DCQC's for SE WA triangle from Ellensburg - Ritzville - Tri-Cities). Eastern WA may soon be more fully connected to the "Western" WA/OR electric highway!

Plug-In North Central Washington is partnering with the Chelan County PUD to provide more haL2 charging in Chelan County. The PUD will purchase and install the chargers while Plug-In NCW will pay for the electrical energy dispensed. Result is more free charging in central Washington. Our July, "Ice Age Floods Tour II" will be the first fund raising effort to support this project. Our plan is to sell sponsor advertising at the charger site which will reduce the amount of money we have to pay. Likely locations for these new charging opportunities will be PUD operated dams and parks.

Great news Jack. Thanks for the update. This week I'm meeting with the PUD's in the Tri-Cities on this same subject (DCQC's for SE WA triangle from Ellensburg - Ritzville - Tri-Cities). Eastern WA may soon be more fully connected to the "Western" WA/OR electric highway!
Excellent news! Thanks for your efforts @JackA and @ReddyLeaf!

Just last weekend I did a trip to Spokane and then some sightseeing/bike riding on the way back outside of Quincy and Vantage. Can't wait to have my X to do this trip next time and be able to use some of the chargers you've had a hand in getting installed!

Cheers!

Ferry County PUD is planning establishment of a solar powered EV charger in Republic! The solar array and EVSE will be at their office building on Highway 20 in the center of Republic. With Tonasket planning to install an 80A charger near the intersection of Highways 97 and 20 this forty mile segment to Republic will be drive-able. I visited the site on Friday and have recommended to the Plug-In NCW committee that we support this with the donation of a Clipper Creek charger. Ferry County PUD expects this project to be available for use this summer...

Ferry County PUD is planning establishment of a solar powered EV charger in Republic! The solar array and EVSE will be at their office building on Highway 20 in the center of Republic. With Tonasket planning to install an 80A charger near the intersection of Highways 97 and 20 this forty mile segment to Republic will be drive-able. I visited the site on Friday and have recommended to the Plug-In NCW committee that we support this with the donation of a Clipper Creek charger. Ferry County PUD expects this project to be available for use this summer...
Wow! Very cool!

Thanks for the updates Jack! Pick up our X on Monday. Trip planning has begun! :D;)

Plug-In North Central Washington is working to finalize installation of haL2 80A chargers in Davenport, Tonasket, Republic, Rock Island and Cashmere, Washington. We have the EVSE units and Hosts for the Davenport and Tonasket locations. The Tonasket unit will allow access to Highway 97 and the Okanogan Wine areas of Washington and British Columbia. It also enables continued eastbound travel on Highway 20 to the many scenic and outdoors sports activities available there. When the Davenport station is completed Highway 2 will be the only east-west travel corridor that provides J1772 charging opportunities all the way from Everett to Spokane.

I am particularly excited about our teaming up with the Ferry County PUD to install a solar offset charger in Republic (on Highway 20). Their solar array will be grid tied with production being credited to the Clipper Creek CS-60 40A charger. If you consult a map of Washington you will see how "pioneering" this effort is. I am looking forward to driving to Republic when the Tonasket and Republic charging opportunities are available. I will be delivering the CS-60 tomorrow, but not in my EV!

Learn more: www.pluginncw.com

Any and ALL. We are looking for some EVs to join us in Waterville on 3 September for a little show and tell. We will be meeting at the Highway 2 Brew where they have installed one haL2 80A, one NEMA 240VAC 40A outlet and one 120 VAC 15A outlet. We will be informing this rural community of ranchers and wheat farmers that EVs are here, now. they are fast, fun and quite.

Is this too far for a one day trip? Consider joining us at the Wenatchee Taste of the Harvest Festival on Saturday the 19th, 10 AM ~ 5 PM as we participate in the 2016 National Drive Electric Week.

Any and ALL. We are looking for some EVs to join us in Waterville on 3 September for a little show and tell. We will be meeting at the Highway 2 Brew where they have installed one haL2 80A, one NEMA 240VAC 40A outlet and one 120 VAC 15A outlet. We will be informing this rural community of ranchers and wheat farmers that EVs are here, now. they are fast, fun and quite.

Is this too far for a one day trip? Consider joining us at the Wenatchee Taste of the Harvest Festival on Saturday the 19th, 10 AM ~ 5 PM as we participate in the 2016 National Drive Electric Week.

I've been thinking of coming over that way. Wanting to do some car camping. Can you make a recommendation in the area for a scenic place to tent camp that has trees for shade, and that's not too far from a charging station? I'd comer over a day or two before, then come to the Waterville show and tell. Sorry, I can't make the 19 September event.

Jack: What are the hours for the Waterville EVent? I might drop by. I'm showing about 280 mi RT, so I'll need a couple of hours of charge on L2. Alternatively, I'd need to time my stop in Ellensburg (longer distance, plus puts me in more Labor Day weekend traffic on US97).

Jack: What are the hours for the Waterville EVent? I might drop by. I'm showing about 280 mi RT, so I'll need a couple of hours of charge on L2. Alternatively, I'd need to time my stop in Ellensburg (longer distance, plus puts me in more Labor Day weekend traffic on US97).
We would be so energized to have you join us. We will be gathering at 10 AM and plan to stay until no more people show up... If you have an AV account there is an Aerovironment L3 in Wenatchee. Also, we have an 80A at our home you can use. In fact, if you make the effort lunch is on us! Jack

I've been thinking of coming over that way. Wanting to do some car camping. Can you make a recommendation in the area for a scenic place to tent camp that has trees for shade, and that's not too far from a charging station? I'd comer over a day or two before, then come to the Waterville show and tell. Sorry, I can't make the 19 September event.
Dave; Orondo City Park is on the river with plenty of shaded camp sites, I have an 80A charger that you can use and we live only about 12 miles from the park. Confluence State Park is in north Wenatchee also shaded and on the river. Wenatchee has several free L2 and one Aerovironment L3. Chelan City Park is EV positive and there are five free haL2 80A chargers within five miles. Same offer, if you come up to Waterville lunch is on us... hope to see you there. Jack

If you stay at the Orondo Park we can lend you the use of a JuiceBox 40 ... It is about 12 miles from our home. Jack

Thanks, Jack, but I won't need your JuiceBox; I've got my own recharging connectors/cables.

I've booked an RV spot at Orondo Park for Friday night, 9/2/16 -- hopefully they won't throw me out when I show up in my dinky Tesla Roadster and tent! I noticed that it's only 30Amp service, but that's OK -- it'll give me a chance to try out my TT-30 adapter that I got recently.

Orondo.PNG

There's a mistake here. I think you meant to write Saturday the 17th.

Not really, there are two EVents. Waterville Plug-In is Saturday 3 September. On Saturday the 17th of September we are hosting a National Drive Electric Week EVent as part of the Wenatchee Taste of the Harvest Festival.
Thanks, Jack, but I won't need your JuiceBox; I've got my own recharging connectors/cables.

I've booked an RV spot at Orondo Park for Friday night, 9/2/16 -- hopefully they won't throw me out when I show up in my dinky Tesla Roadster and tent! I noticed that it's only 30Amp service, but that's OK -- it'll give me a chance to try out my TT-30 adapter that I got recently.

View attachment 190742
If they throw you out you can come to our place...