Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Korea: are ya crazy? or just plain STUPID?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the gene pool of the south Koreans and the north Koreans are the same but the north Koreans are 1 to 3 inches shorter on average because of famine while the leaders have round faces, makes sense.

The leader Kim Jong-un studied in Europe like many dictators (however, his grades and attendance rating are reported to have been poor) so he clearly realizes what he is doing to his people. Technically he is not even the real leader because the deceased grandfather Kim Il-sung is the Eternal President of the Republic, go figure.

North Korea is one of the world's most militarized countries, with a total of 9,495,000 active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel. Its active duty army of 1.21 million is the 4th largest in the world, after China, the U.S., and India. Not the best equipped but wars are never easy especially with large numbers.

I feel sad for the enslaved people and resentment for those who have supported the leaders of that inhuman state. It's the duty of every country on earth do their part in fixing this situation, preferably non violently but I'm not that hopeful.

stupid is as stupid does...

Think Again: North Korea - By David Kang and Victor Cha | Foreign Policy

frankly i hope we engage them in war so we can finally end the debacle.

No! I served in S. Korea with the Army. No one in their right mind would want the truce to end with N. Korea. They can fire 500,000 (yes 1/2 million) artillery shells in one hour and hit Seoul. When I served at Camp Page, the city of Chunchon had a underground Mall that was also a bomb shelter.

I also served in Iraq. War is a nightmare. Sometimes war is the only option. But never wish for a war. I speak from first hand experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel sad for the enslaved people and resentment for those who have supported the leaders of that inhuman state. It's the duty of every country on earth do their part in fixing this situation, preferably non violently but I'm not that hopeful.

Bush the second was correct when he defined the Axis of Evil.

I didn't read the linked article but this is just sabre-rattling is its purest form. They do this from time to time. Make a bunch of noise, maybe attack a small S. Korean outpost and then everyone caves and sends them more food and fuel with an agreement that they'll stop doing such and such for 6 or 7 years and then we do it all again. Telling your people "the rest of the world is out to get you but that I'll protect you" is standard despot behavior.

Nothing to see here... move along.