TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

North Scottsdale to Flagstaff in an S85

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by iridium, Sep 3, 2015.

1. iridium

iridium Member

Can you do this run nonstop in an S85? Based on the ev trip planner, seems like it should no problem.. curious if that holds true in reality.

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Don't worry about it. You have Cordes Lakes as insurance.

Keep an eye on the Energy:trip screen. if the predicted energy remaining the battery at the destination is at, or heading towards, an uncomfortable level, stop in Cordes for 5-10 minutes, add a reserve and continue on. I bet that you don't need Cordes, but if you do, it is a good, quick safety net.

3. dweeks

dweeks Member

I do this all the time. You need around 200 rated miles if you do the average speed. No biggie at all.

4. AzEd

AzEd Member

I did Central Phoenix to Flagstaff last April in a P85 with no problem. I thought I would have to stop in Cordes Lakes after going 65-70 MPH up the long hill. When I got close to Cordes, it was obvious that I could keep on going to Flagstaff with energy to spare.

5. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

I have a 60 and did North Scottsdale to Flagstaff in winter (albeit a warm day -- never dropped below freezing) before Cordes Junction was avail. Arrived with 13 RM left (and drove the speed limit all for the last 20 miles)… Was passed by an S85 on the way too (it was charging at the Supercharger when we arrived)...

6. iridium

iridium Member

Thanks. I currently have a 60 and need to stop in cordes lakes. Good to know the 85 can go all the way.