Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY7/Blue/black interior/19" and ordered on 4/15. Received my VIN on 5/27 and delivery date is set for 6/8🤞. I'm not really liking that someone will drop my Y at my place, I wish I could pick it up. I called and Tesla said that dropping the vehicle is the only option. Anyone else is experiencing the same?

MY7/Blue/black interior/19" and ordered on 4/15. Received my VIN on 5/27 and delivery date is set for 6/8🤞. I'm not really liking that someone will drop my Y at my place, I wish I could pick it up. I called and Tesla said that dropping the vehicle is the only option. Anyone else is experiencing the same?
Same here on the delivery option. They said something about Texas or Plano having to do that. Not sure if that’s a local facility thing or a statewide thing. Cool they’ll drop it off, but have to be home for it. And not sure how they’ll take my trade in.

Reactions: TesslAshanti
Same here on the delivery option. They said something about Texas or Plano having to do that. Not sure if that’s a local facility thing or a statewide thing. Cool they’ll drop it off, but have to be home for it. And not sure how they’ll take my trade in.
I just ordered yesterday, but it let me pick cedar springs for delivery. No idea if that's going to change or not when I get a VIN/devilry date.

I just ordered yesterday, but it let me pick cedar springs for delivery. No idea if that's going to change or not when I get a VIN/devilry date.
When I ordered I attempted to put in for home delivery. Said it wasn’t available for my location. Selected the Democracy location for pick up. When they sent the schedule delivery text it said pickup wasn’t available and I qualified for home delivery.

I ordered a white on white LR with Gemini wheels yesterday via the web after a remote test drive in Denton.
Claims 9-13 weeks for delivery...
I'm in Plano and it said delivery was not available and I can pick up in Plano. (which I'd prefer anyway)

EDD changed today to 7/30-8/19.

Wonder if y'all can help me? I have 3 questions:
  1. How can I change my design if I so wish? i.e. change wheels or remove tow hitch
  2. How do I get an SA assigned?
  3. Anything special today about buying a Tesla in TX (I'm in Dallas) in 2021? We bought two Model 3s in Los Angeles in 2018 and it was super straight forward, but I know there are laws here that make it difficult for Tesla to operate as they do in CA — anything that would impact me or has it been figured out already?

So update, on Saturday, I received a Vin and a date range of 6/20 - 6/30. No email or anything. But yesterday around 5:45 I looked up my account and my vin was gone and data said 9 to 16 weeks. My heart dropped. Today I looked and now says 6/20 - 6/30 but my vin is still missing. I called SA and they don’t know what happened and will be looking into it and someone will be calling me back either today or tomorrow. This really sucks, how can they assign a vin and then take it away without even having a note in the system why? This was supposed to be easy and straightforward. But is not stressful and frustrating. I don’t mind there being a back up or what ever the issue is, but keep us informed. It’s the not knowing that is killing me. Hard to plan anything without some sort of info.

This thread is to see and compare other delivery estimates and order times. As well as ordered configurations.
I ordered a MYLR Red and White w/ 20” upgraded wheels. Ordered on 5/14 with no Vin# yet. Estimated delivery between 6/17 - 6/30.
Hey Frisco, we live 20 miles from you. Ordered MYLR Red & Black, 19 wheels on May 13th. Just informed that delivery scheduled for Monday June 14th. Delivery much earlier than estimates on my account....there is hope!