Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My date moved forward 6 days, now Sep 3rd to 23rd.
I won’t get too excited though as I suspect the date a week later is more accurate given other posters EDDs from similar order/profile times.
My chart also suggests that these spikes back a week and then forward again are simply a sign that ultimately it will settle on the later date.

I am super excited now, I just received my VIN. I added and uploaded my insurance, now my question to the group is how long after this will I get a delivery date/time? My EDD now says 8/26-9/1

Good question, I received my VIN last Wednesday, also in Houston, and I haven't heard from anyone about setting up a delivery date. I called the 888 number last week the day after I got the VIN and they said it would be on a truck by yesterday. Going to call again today to see what the current story is.

Reactions: TesslAshanti
Good question, I received my VIN last Wednesday, also in Houston, and I haven't heard from anyone about setting up a delivery date. I called the 888 number last week the day after I got the VIN and they said it would be on a truck by yesterday. Going to call again today to see what the current story is.
Wow, that's interesting. A friend told me when she got her VIN in June they told her something similar but by the end of the day she was able to pick up her MYLR. She's also in Houston and did her pickup at the Westheimer location which is where i'll be going as well.

I am super excited now, I just received my VIN. I added and uploaded my insurance, now my question to the group is how long after this will I get a delivery date/time? My EDD now says 8/26-9/1
Congratulations on the VIN! 🥳

My EDD front end date shifted out one day again to Aug 29 - Sep 9. We‘re not back in Austin until Sep 4, so I’m hoping for a delivery date that week.

I think the amount of time from VIN to delivery can vary quite a bit. When I asked our delivery manager, he said it is typically a week or two, but can vary based on transport logistics and time for prep/delivery based on the number of deliveries and staffing at the local center.

Congratulations on the VIN! 🥳

My EDD front end date shifted out one day again to Aug 29 - Sep 9. We‘re not back in Austin until Sep 4, so I’m hoping for a delivery date that week.

I think the amount of time from VIN to delivery can vary quite a bit. When I asked our delivery manager, he said it is typically a week or two, but can vary based on transport logistics and time for prep/delivery based on the number of deliveries and staffing at the local center.
Wow, the fact you have a delivery manager is impressive to me, lol! From the time I place my order online until now, I have not heard from anyone at Tesla.

I received an email from a SA from Las Vegas within an hour of ordering. She has been helpful and responsive. She set up a series of test drives for us in Utah (where we are now) for a M3 LR & Perf and MY LR & Per all back to back. We had nearly three hours of time, which was great.

When I had some more detailed questions about delivery she connected me to “our” delivery manager who is also out of Las Vegas. He has also been very responsive. He has been clear that there are not definitive answers, just anecdotal info based on experience … a lot of variance due to logistics, staffing, cars becoming available on short notice, etc.

Reactions: str8304
I received an email from a SA from Las Vegas within an hour of ordering. She has been helpful and responsive. She set up a series of test drives for us in Utah (where we are now) for a M3 LR & Perf and MY LR & Per all back to back. We had nearly three hours of time, which was great.

When I had some more detailed questions about delivery she connected me to “our” delivery manager who is also out of Las Vegas. He has also been very responsive. He has been clear that there are not definitive answers, just anecdotal info based on experience … a lot of variance due to logistics, staffing, cars becoming available on short notice, etc.
Awesome to get that kind of service after your order. Most of us are out here on our own guessing.

Called today 888 number today and I think I was routed to the local delivery center. The guy I spoke with said it was in transit with an ETA of Monday Aug 23. He said once it arrived they would call/text with the delivery dates. The timing of that would be dependent on any transportation damage and when they could get it through make ready. So could be ready earliest a week from today.

Well, either no movement today or they are late with the update. Still 8/29-9/17. I keep waking up every day thinking, "Today is the day I get a VIN!", but nope, not yet.

Also, I have emailed my SA several times and have NEVER gotten a reply from him. The only time I can get an answer from him is when I physically walk into the store in Tyler and talk to him face-to-face. Text: no reply. Phone call: no reply. Email: no reply. That is a bit frustrating.

Well, either no movement today or they are late with the update. Still 8/29-9/17. I keep waking up every day thinking, "Today is the day I get a VIN!", but nope, not yet.

Also, I have emailed my SA several times and have NEVER gotten a reply from him. The only time I can get an answer from him is when I physically walk into the store in Tyler and talk to him face-to-face. Text: no reply. Phone call: no reply. Email: no reply. That is a bit frustrating.
Same. Finally got some email correspondence from my SA yesterday not that it helped much other than he said "he'll keep a close eye on my order for me"

No change in EDD, still 9/1 - 9/21 for a few days now

Reactions: M-S-M
No change for me either, holding 09/03 - 09/23 the past couple of days.
But Friday through Sunday seems to cause the most upset so we’ll see…

As for the SA, I don’t have one as I did a “remote” test drive out of a car kept at a hotel vs a Tesl location and am therefore assigned to a “virtual team” not a location based one so I don’t have anyone to talk to but given the canned responses you guys are getting it (if you get any response at all) I don’t feel like I’m missing out but not having an SA…

Reactions: M-S-M and MSHampton
Like others, no EDD change for me yet today. EDD remains Aug 29 - Sep 9
I read somewhere on this forum I believe that typically when you get within that 10 range of your EDD, your VIN shows up and often times you can schedule delivery same day in some cases. In other cases it said once you get the VIN, if delivery is not within that day, it happenes within 1-2 weeks tops. For me so far, it has proved to be true. My MYP is scheduled to be here in Houston via train within the next week and half so we shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed.