Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhh, I see. I've seen posts about this and never paid attention to it. Makes total sense. Do we know the average delivery after vin?
Don’t know. You getting vin today has me refreshing 200 times already today so I’m one step behind you. What was your edd before and after getting vin and did you get any email?

Reactions: whitehartdave
Don’t know. You getting vin today has me refreshing 200 times already today so I’m one step behind you. What was your edd before and after getting vin and did you get any email?
EDD had been 9/10 - 9/30. The name of the vehicle changed to 2021 model y last night. This morning I refreshed and instead of taking me to the same page, I was taken to a page that made me agree to the vision update then proceed to delivery. No email, just an updated account page now showing a vin. My SA called this afternoon with advice on setting up insurance. I originally had my current insurance submitted as a place holder, just I'm case it mattered. I don't think it did.

EDD had been 9/10 - 9/30. The name of the vehicle changed to 2021 model y last night. This morning I refreshed and instead of taking me to the same page, I was taken to a page that made me agree to the vision update then proceed to delivery. No email, just an updated account page now showing a vin. My SA called this afternoon with advice on setting up insurance. I originally had my current insurance submitted as a place holder, just I'm case it mattered. I don't think it did.
Did your SA tell you when you can expect delivery. Just noted the only difference in my config is 19 inch wheels. Never felt this anxious 😬

He said about 2 to 3 weeks, but more like 2. I like to get the opinions of the Tesla hive mind community though. You guys are extremely knowledgeable. I do think it's time to pull the trigger on all the accessories in my many carts!
While there is a slim chance vin gets reassigned or you reject delivery for some reason related to quality, i would go ahead if in your shoes.

Another day, another no-VIN-no-email-no-text-no-change day. EDD remains 9/4-9/20 so at least it hasn't slipped anymore. Getting close to 9/4 though so...
If I could have given two different reactions I would have. Thumbs down to the first part. Thumbs up to being close to 9/4! I’m in the exact same situation other than a SA that just confirms I’m crazy every time I email him.