Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North York 180 Railside Rd - First day in operations - My service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought my P85D into 180 Railside Rd. They told me today was their first day in operations as the North York Service centre has moved out of the dealership to this dedicated facility.

I know many have complained about Tesla service in the past and the stories I have heard warrant the complaints. This was NOT my experience. They replaced a taillight, fixed a sunroof leak, fixed failing parking sensors, fixed a door rattle from when the speaker volume rattling it all in a few hours. Nothing huge but there were 5 job numbers quoted and covered under warrantee.

Right from booking the appointment on the app it was stellar. Prompt emails and conversations via txt about the issues with good and prompt responses. They still need to update some automated communications as it still says North York Lawrence location on the emails and invoice (they txt’d me to tell me not to come to the Lawrence location and to come to 180 Railside instead).
A1CA8B1D-12DA-4B64-89B9-3A36655C314D.jpeg

When I drove into the parking lot they ushered me to drive right into the building where they met me at the door. I was in and out of the service centre in 5 min with a loaner car (they seemed to have tons of them). They also called and txt’s me with status and eta’s during the day today and said I could come pick it up (they gave me an option to get it tomorrow and keep the loaner overnight as well).

Anyways.. Here Is a pic of the inside (I have videos but I cant upload videos to here). They have 7 lifts in the shop and the place is actually huge. I hope everyone else has a similar experience to me.

I brought my P85D into 180 Railside Rd. They told me today was their first day in operations as the North York Service centre has moved out of the dealership to this dedicated facility.

I know many have complained about Tesla service in the past and the stories I have heard warrant the complaints. This was NOT my experience. They replaced a taillight, fixed a sunroof leak, fixed failing parking sensors, fixed a door rattle from when the speaker volume rattling it all in a few hours. Nothing huge but there were 5 job numbers quoted and covered under warrantee.

Right from booking the appointment on the app it was stellar. Prompt emails and conversations via txt about the issues with good and prompt responses. They still need to update some automated communications as it still says North York Lawrence location on the emails and invoice (they txt’d me to tell me not to come to the Lawrence location and to come to 180 Railside instead). View attachment 512626

When I drove into the parking lot they ushered me to drive right into the building where they met me at the door. I was in and out of the service centre in 5 min with a loaner car (they seemed to have tons of them). They also called and txt’s me with status and eta’s during the day today and said I could come pick it up (they gave me an option to get it tomorrow and keep the loaner overnight as well).

Anyways.. Here Is a pic of the inside (I have videos but I cant upload videos to here). They have 7 lifts in the shop and the place is actually huge. I hope everyone else has a similar experience to me.
Thank you for the update! One question: are any Supercharging station in place similar to Lawrence center?

Thank you for the update! One question: are any Supercharging station in place similar to Lawrence center?

Oh! Great question. I did NOT see any superchargers there as the lot seemed to be dozens of parked Tesla’s meant as loaners (but at the same time I wasn’t looking for them). I know they have lots to build there still (offices, etc) according to a few of the friendly staff there that seemed super stoked about the new digs. I assume they have something for internal use to charge up Loaners when people bring them back with low battery (like bringing back VHS rental movies without rewinding.. kinda douchy).

Problem with seperating service from sales is that people waiting for their car won't be tempted to buy new ones when checking out the showroom. Maybe that's a good thing to save people's balance sheets.

Good to hear they have more space. It was hard to believe they serviced all of Toronto from that tiny little building on Lawrence. While it was deep, it was not built to house new cars, deliveries, demos, used cars, service cars, supercharger etc 2020. Suitable for 2016 but it quickly became apparent that change was in their future.

I will be bringing my M3 in for wheel alignment next week, first time for service.

Does anyone know if they stock charging parts at the service center? Looking for a 14-50 or wall charger.

I will be bringing my M3 in for wheel alignment next week, first time for service.

Does anyone know if they stock charging parts at the service center? Looking for a 14-50 or wall charger.

I ordered mine online (wall connector and CHAdeMO) and had them within a week. When I went to the North York Showroom they did NOT have anything there (other than some hats and apparel). If the product says its not in stock online you can subscribe to be notified. Thats what I did for the black wall connector and I was notified the next day and I ordered it.