Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northeast delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m very fortunate. Ordered first day and this will actually be our 5th purchase from Tesla (with three traded in or sold). I received my VIN last Saturday (0024xx) and got the text to confirm delivery at the RI Service Center this Monday 3/30. So excited.
Actually took delivery 3/28. Love everything about the car. Wicked fast, quiet and roomy.

I'm in Rhode Island - does the collective wisdom know anything about delivery to our neck of the woods? AWD (non-P) model is eagerly awaited here but all I have on my account is "prepare for delivery" with nothing else. I'm new, so any input is welcome - thank you!
Also in RI. Ordered non performance AWD also. I tried to find out where in the pecking order my order was but no answer offered by Tesla. I hope the wait is worthwhile.

Took delivery in Mt. Kisco today. Very exciting.
How did the delivery go? I'm still drafting contract waiting for VIN assignment since 1/30/20 and no answer from either TESLA HQ or Mt. Kisco when called or emailed. Curious if the time frame will be days, weeks, months? The credit union financing and their trade in offer expires 1mo from inception date. Anxious to get this.

Reactions: Jaycha2
Delivery was contactless. I felt safe. I got an email with instructions about an hour before pickup. Communication was via phone (text & talk). They deposited the paperwork under the windshield wiper of the Y. People had face masks. There were no other deliveries during the time I was there.

I think for all Orderers, including RI'ers, it's a time to be patient. COVID safety and Fremont shut down can't help. If you get a weird call from Las Vegas be sure to take it, that's your Vin confirmation. Also, my wife was offered some cancelled cars, but she is determined to have blue, so something might come your way. The wait is worth it. The car is great. Also be understanding of minor flaws, these are really early cars and Tesla always fixes problems hassle free. You'll be very happy to own one.

Did it happen?
Most interested in comparison with X. Need to decide which car to trade.
Hey bud. After owning for about 3 weeks. I have to say.

pros: new tech, amazing driving.
Cons: lack all the luxury feature that the model x had.
For us. We love each of the car own it’s own feature.

I would not trade a model x for a model y. If I was to buy a new car, then I would only buy the model y, because you can have latest tech, and speed for less money.

mid you want ultimate luxury and all of its features, Model x is still hands down the best of the best.

Reactions: Gwgan
Las Vegas?

I got a call one week after entering my information up to insurance and the "drafting your contract" stage from a Las Vegas number. Since I didn't recognize the number I didn't answer it and they didn't leave a voicemail. Did I miss my call for a VIN?!?

hahahah

the number was (725) 205-6450

Las Vegas?

I got a call one week after entering my information up to insurance and the "drafting your contract" stage from a Las Vegas number. Since I didn't recognize the number I didn't answer it and they didn't leave a voicemail. Did I miss my call for a VIN?!?

hahahah

the number was (725) 205-6450
Definitely a Tesla number. I spoke to a person from -6448 and they wanted to confirm I was still interested. No VIN, though.