Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northeast shop recommendations for paint protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey New Englanders!

anyone have a suggestion for a paint protection shop that doesn’t cost 6 grand in New England?

With the somewhat questionable quality of the Fremont paint shop and salty, sandy, pothole-ridden constant construction debris or road salt reality of being in New England, I’m eyeing protecting my paint from chips and scratches, but most of the quotes I received for full car PPF are $6k around the Boston/NH area, plus ceramic of another $1-3k ontop of that. At that price point ($6-9k) I might as well destroy the paint and just repaint the whole car after 4-6 years.

Has anyone found a way to make PPF worth the price in the northeast? I’m seeing posts on Reddit and elsewhere, from CA and TX and AZ of people getting full car coverage for about $4K, but I just can’t seem to find a quote that low in this area.

Hey New Englanders!

anyone have a suggestion for a paint protection shop that doesn’t cost 6 grand in New England?

With the somewhat questionable quality of the Fremont paint shop and salty, sandy, pothole-ridden constant construction debris or road salt reality of being in New England, I’m eyeing protecting my paint from chips and scratches, but most of the quotes I received for full car PPF are $6k around the Boston/NH area, plus ceramic of another $1-3k ontop of that. At that price point ($6-9k) I might as well destroy the paint and just repaint the whole car after 4-6 years.

Has anyone found a way to make PPF worth the price in the northeast? I’m seeing posts on Reddit and elsewhere, from CA and TX and AZ of people getting full car coverage for about $4K, but I just can’t seem to find a quote that low in this area.
I am taking delivery next week. I live in NH and was quoted $2K for the front and $7K for complete car. That is with Ceramic coating on top of the PPF. Crazy huh? I didn't ask about skipping the ceramic coating and doing it myself though. I too am looking for lower.....seems very high to me.

Upvote 0
Wax your car. It doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money on paint, wax is good enough. The paint is going to deteriorate over time, so what that's life. There are ceramic coatings that you could put on yourself if that makes you happy, don't know if they really are any better than ordinary wax.
PPF and ceramic coatings are a California thing, sensible New Englanders shouldn't waste their money on it. They don't have salt on their roads so their cars don't rust away like ours do which is why they obsess over the appearance of their cars.

Reactions: NikolaTs
Upvote 0
Wax and ceramic coatings do not stop rocks. Winters and sandy roads are murder on cars front ends around here, and with teslas they often kick up to their quarter panels as well. I've had clear bras on my last 4 cars, and the tesla I did the entire front end. I'll probably do the whole car next, unless it has a bulletproof body like cybertruck.

I've had Xpel on my last few cars, from the guys at Automotive Elegance in North Andover. They've been doing it for decades.

Reactions: Ron_M3
Upvote 0
Hey New Englanders!

Highly recommend Craft Detailing in Dedham. They did my MB CL550 - 2 step paint correction, clear bra including the mirrors and full ceramic coat with full interior detail for $4k. Co-owner Lia is a former Tesla rep. They've done a lot of Teslas

Reactions: NikolaTs
Upvote 0
Highly recommend Craft Detailing in Dedham. They did my MB CL550 - 2 step paint correction, clear bra including the mirrors and full ceramic coat with full interior detail for $4k. Co-owner Lia is a former Tesla rep. They've done a lot of Teslas
I’ve heard good things about craft detailing, and gotta a quote from them of about 6k for a full car ppf.
By clear bra do you mean a full car clear paint protection film or just front end?

Upvote 0