Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northeast Wisconsin/Michigan’s UP (Florence, WI) Charger Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On July 11[SUP]th[/SUP] I visited Florence, WI for three days and was interviewed by the local Mining News paper and the Iron Mountain News paper as I was charging at the newly installed Florence Charging Station. http://www.ironmountaindailynews.co...rging-station-opens-in-Florence.html?nav=5002
Of course what is said and how the reporter interpreted it can differ significantly. :wink:

PICT0007.JPG
PICT0006.JPG

The charging unit is a Leviton 50 amp, j-1772 outlet, putting out at a rate of 28.1 mph. The charging station is located on Florence’s main street called Central Avenue (also US 2 and 141) in a parking lot across the street from Maxsells Restaurant. Florence is 112 miles north of Green Bay.

Florence is a small community without a lot of things to do. However, for food and accommodations I can recommend Maxsells Restaurant. It’s in an ideal location overlooking the lake. Check their web site but call them to confirm. http://www.chamferedwi.net/Pages/MAXSELLS.aspx

When driving from my home in Bella Vista, AR to Florence (950 miles one way) we stopped at the Minneapolis Service Center for tire rotation and “Window Clips” fix and heard that the Eau Claire, WI Super Charger site had been selected. Good news for the Mid-West/Great Lakes folks!

When driving from my home in Bella Vista, AR to Florence (950 miles one way) we stopped at the Minneapolis Service Center for tire rotation and “Window Clips” fix and heard that the Eau Claire, WI Super Charger site had been selected. Good news for the Mid-West/Great Lakes folks!

That's great news!!

It's 220 miles from Milwaukee, at 75mph is that starting to be on the edge of wintery driving range for an 85kwhr car?

Thanks JD! This will help for my trip to Houghton for Labor Day.

Near Milwaukee a certified Tesla auto body shop just installed an HPWC (see new thread on this). Assuming they will allow use of it during the holiday weekend, I can pick up a full charge there, then pick up a few hours in Florence. Then I'll have enough to make it to Houghton - I'll need to figure out a way to check if the J plug in Houghton is working. A couple days in Houghton then it's back down to Chi-town.

My goal is to make the trip there in one day and back in one day.

Anything else about your trip that was worthwhile to note?