Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern CA/Sacramento to Las Vegas Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey community!

We're making our first roadtrip to Las Vegas driving from Sacramento. I've already mapped out our SC stops using ABRP. We plan on starting the drive in the evening after 6pm, then stop somewhere around 11pm or midnight and sleep in our Model Y overnight, and then continue our trip at daybreak.

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on where we can park overnight on the way to Vegas along 99 and i15?

Have any of you parked your cars overnight at a SC before?

I'm open to any tips and/or suggestions. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 1.46.45 PM.png

Mojave would be the obvious place to stop for the night and sleep based on your timeline and assumed charging locations... but the Mojave supercharger is close to the sketchiest one I've visited (second only to maybe Needles). It's.... I dunno. I wouldn't really call it "unsafe" - but it's a different world out there in the desert and you might find yourself uncomfortable sleeping in your car overnight.

Traver would be a decent stop, you could park/sleep at Bravo Farms where the charger is and nobody would even notice. But that might be a little early on in your journey. If you wanted to push further toward Vegas I'd probably go all the way to Yermo and sleep in the Eddie World parking lot.

Have a good trip!

Reactions: P-Lo801