Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California PW installs BUMPED to 2020!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My system was installed on 12/31. Very professional job, power off for about 30minutes. Now waiting for building inspector and then PG&E approval before it's live. That said, they left the system running and seems to be working as expected.

Then they texted and called me (leaving voicemail) on 01/02 that they wanted to schedule my install! So the office coordination is Tesla as usual; right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing!
Same office texted or another? Amazing. Or not. :(

Then they texted and called me (leaving voicemail) on 01/02 that they wanted to schedule my install! So the office coordination is Tesla as usual; right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing!
They were pretty good about sending me the invoice for the install the next day. ;)

I just wish they had made a mistake there and put the date in for 2019!

I had my 2 PW install scheduled for next week.
I worked my butt off pushing my project along through the crappy tesla communication and customer service.
I worked with my city building department to expedite my permit so that I could get installed by the end of the year.

Tesla called me 2 days ago and told me they have to reschedule me for a date in January. After a bunch of back and forth they are saying its because of the a death in the family of the ONLY electrician in the Livermore warehouse that does PW installs and that they are rescheduling ALL of the Northern California PW installs until after the new year, which sounds like BS from the "executive resolution" person that it got escalated to. They only offered me $500 off which doesn't cover the difference in tax rebate not to mention I wouldn't be able to claim in for another year.

I'm about the just cancel the project because it doesn't make financial sense to pay MORE because of an internal Tesla issue. PLUS Tesla is not taking any responsibility to try remedy the situation

I love the Tesla product but their customer service people and management is horrible.

Has anyone else in Northern California heard the same thing or also got bumped? Did Tesla offer you anything?
I seem to remember reading a post saying that someone got Tesla to discount the price to compensate for the reduced tax credit amount if they didn't install by the end of the year?
I took out a contract with Peterson-Dean for a PW2 in Feb of 2019 with an install date of "approximately July 12". I had asked if they actually had batteries available to which they said yes. Some 3 months later they Emailed me saying that Tesla had lifted its suspension of PWs. Lie # 1. On July 3 they said they were waiting on the permit. Lie #2. They didn't even apply for it until August 8, practically a month after the contract delivery date. October came and still no battery and no date to install. I got to sit thru 3 multi-day PSPS (Public Safety Power Shutoffs) in the dark while Peterson-Dean sat on my money. As of November 18 the installation was still not scheduled and as far as IO was concerned the project was in a "Black Hole". I sent in my cancellation and refund demand on the 19th. It's now January 2020 and in spite of repeated inquiries there has been no response that meant anything. I have taken out a contract with another supplier. We'll see how that goes.

So it's not just Tesla, or maybe it is if they are just poor at supplying batteries, but that doesn't justify the fibbers I got from Peterson-Dean.

I am glad to see your new Powerwalls are installed and operational! I’m still waiting to hear from my Tesla Energy contact regarding an install date for my two Powerwalls.
I am installed. All went very well. One small bit that did not get done that is NBD is to have it pre wired for a third Powerwall around the corner. They ended up doing a lot of mods to the other components and then that got forgotten. Two really great Tesla employees who were totally dedicated and did excellent work.

Now need to have it inspected but it's operational now. Another thing I did not realize is that the Time Based Control is not active from the get go. It appears to take a few days before the system makes that available in the app so I am just running it on Self-powered mode.

View attachment 495807

I am glad to see your new Powerwalls are installed and operational! I’m still waiting to hear from my Tesla Energy contact regarding an install date for my two Powerwalls.
I have no idea how I got into the system so quick but am not complaining. Except for the first delay that kicked me out into the 1st install of the new year, everything was on the fast track.

I sent you a PM for some tidbits.

I took out a contract with Peterson-Dean for a PW2 in Feb of 2019 with an install date of "approximately July 12". I had asked if they actually had batteries available to which they said yes. Some 3 months later they Emailed me saying that Tesla had lifted its suspension of PWs. Lie # 1. On July 3 they said they were waiting on the permit. Lie #2. They didn't even apply for it until August 8, practically a month after the contract delivery date. October came and still no battery and no date to install. I got to sit thru 3 multi-day PSPS (Public Safety Power Shutoffs) in the dark while Peterson-Dean sat on my money. As of November 18 the installation was still not scheduled and as far as IO was concerned the project was in a "Black Hole". I sent in my cancellation and refund demand on the 19th. It's now January 2020 and in spite of repeated inquiries there has been no response that meant anything. I have taken out a contract with another supplier. We'll see how that goes.

So it's not just Tesla, or maybe it is if they are just poor at supplying batteries, but that doesn't justify the fibbers I got from Peterson-Dean.

I thought Peterson-Dean was using LG batteries. And as an interesting aside, a colleague of mine in the Sf Bay Area had a P-D solar/LG battery system. During the last PSPS, when the power went off, no battery backup. AA very expensive paperweight.

Install completed today :)

Very Happy with the Tesla electrician / installers (2).

Of note, I thought people might be interested to know that the firmware version my powerwalls updated to, when the installer completed the installation, is 1.43.3. I think that may be newer than some have reported. Installer was surprised, because he said that he saw 1.43.2 as late as last week.

The black box there is my FIOS (fiber) internet connection, that tesla obviously did not install. I am thinking on moving it just a bit to the right. The other box with the crooked white conduit is my sprinkler timer, which I have never cared was crooked until i looked at how it looks on the wall there with the powerwall install. Gateway and new load center on left, tesla wall connector was previously where gateway (lower grey box) was, and they moved it to put the gateway there.

The electrical panel that came with my house, that contains just the 200amp breaker, and the tesla wall connector is is on the outside wall, right opposite the new load center / panel (upper grey box).

IMG_4304.JPG

Of note, I thought people might be interested to know that the firmware version my powerwalls updated to, when the installer completed the installation, is 1.43.3. I think that may be newer than some have reported. Installer was surprised, because he said that he saw 1.43.2 as late as last week.
Mine was installed on the 2nd and it's at 1.43.2.

My Solar (medium) and Powerwalls (3) were installed over the last two days. It went smoothly and they were good about adjusting the panel locations once they got a better view of our roof. Now just have to wait for inspections and the ok to run it full time.

View attachment 497806

interesting that they can install them right against a corner like that. i thought they needed some airflow?

There seems to be enough room to draw air in from that side. They originally wanted to install these outside but I wanted them in this storage room to ensure less temperature variation.

The installers (Tesla) that did ours required 18 inches between them, we have multiple PW side by side mounted flat along the same wall (not stacked). I wanted them closer so they didn't take up the entire wall but they spread them out across the entire wall. Maybe that's because of one exhausting into the input of another or something in my case, where as yours all exhaling & exhausting out of the same sides (relative to each other).