Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California PW installs BUMPED to 2020!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today Tesla was out for the site survey. We are leaving my EV charger and a few blank circuit breakers on the grid panel and moving everything else over to the backup panel. I will be responsible to manually toggle off a well pump (only if it is a problem) and a sub panel with my heat pumps and spa that is three panels deep from the main panel.

They are also going to stub out for a third powerwall as I have the room and it would be much easier to do that now rather than later.

I asked again with scheduling about the tax credit loss from being deferred and they stated I would get a refund (credit) document. I would still pay the listed amount but Tesla will fill the gap after install.

After design but before installation for me. They then "tweaked" the design a bit and/or approved some concerns they had initially.

It may be that my install was a bit out of the ordinary (I have lots of pumps and about 6 sub panels, one three levels deep).

Today Tesla was out for the site survey. We are leaving my EV charger and a few blank circuit breakers on the grid panel and moving everything else over to the backup panel. I will be responsible to manually toggle off a well pump (only if it is a problem) and a sub panel with my heat pumps and spa that is three panels deep from the main panel.

They are also going to stub out for a third powerwall as I have the room and it would be much easier to do that now rather than later.

I asked again with scheduling about the tax credit loss from being deferred and they stated I would get a refund (credit) document. I would still pay the listed amount but Tesla will fill the gap after install.

Any mention from Tesla about that CA 2020 fire code spacing and location change for battery systems over 20K? Are your 3 PWs located next to each other?

Any mention from Tesla about that CA 2020 fire code spacing and location change for battery systems over 20K? Are your 3 PWs located next to each other?
They claim I am grandfathered in because the permit was pulled last month.

Note: I am only getting two Powerwalls now but wiring for three. So I could face this hurdle later if I decide to add the third. That could be a deciding factor.

They claim I am grandfathered in because the permit was pulled last month.

Note: I am only getting two Powerwalls now but wiring for three. So I could face this hurdle later if I decide to add the third. That could be a deciding factor.

So Tesla admits there is a limitation? 2 weeks ago when I talked to someone in the power sales unit at Tesla they said there was no such limitation coming in 2020. I have 2 powerwalls on my SolarGlass V3 order. I hope Tesla has not changed their mind about this.

So Tesla admits there is a limitation? 2 weeks ago when I talked to someone in the power sales unit at Tesla they said there was no such limitation coming in 2020. I have 2 powerwalls on my SolarGlass V3 order. I hope Tesla has not changed their mind about this.
Don't take too much of what they told me. Since my permit was already pulled I think they concentrated on my particular situation and did not pursue or answer the general question for me.

Don't take too much of what they told me. Since my permit was already pulled I think they concentrated on my particular situation and did not pursue or answer the general question for me.

Ok. Make sense. Wish we already had a permit.

We have the site visit with Tesla in a couple of weeks on our SolarGlass V3 roof. I will see what they say then about the PW placement.

I hope you are correct in this. I asked for the same thing, as I signed off on October 9th, and the permits were delayed due to tesla taking a month to even apply for them. I sent them an email requesting a price reduction due to tax credit for my 2 pw install but have not heard back yet (just sent request on 12/13 and my advisor is off on sunday / monday). Going to give it a few more days and see.

I posted an update to this in another thread, but for the sake of clarity, I will say that I also was told that tesla would "take care of the difference" for me between the 30% tax credit and 26% because they are installing for me the beginning of next year. I was told "once its installed and operational", so I assume I am going to be charged the regular price, then refunded after PTO is granted.

I will update once all that happens but it will be a while, since my install is on Jan 6th, and then have to get PTO etc, so it will be some time before I can give a conclusion (and others will likely have been through the process as well at that point)

so when i got rescheduled back in early december, i made the transaction via text message. it was a sunday, i believe, and when i tried to call the 866 number, the system told me it would be 1h+ wait.

a couple of days later i noticed that my tesla account showed "please call to schedule" instead of the february date given to me by text message. so i called in and talked to someone after a short wait and they told me that i was indeed scheduled for february 2020.

i just looked at my powerwall reservation and it *still* says "please call to schedule". does this jive with those of you that have been rescheduled? or is my account messed up/they dropped my install date?

i have not been on top of this since i ordered a model 3 in early december and had been focused on making sure i got it before i went on winter vacation (thankfully i did get the car, so that's out of the way!)

so when i got rescheduled back in early december, i made the transaction via text message. it was a sunday, i believe, and when i tried to call the 866 number, the system told me it would be 1h+ wait.

a couple of days later i noticed that my tesla account showed "please call to schedule" instead of the february date given to me by text message. so i called in and talked to someone after a short wait and they told me that i was indeed scheduled for february 2020.

i just looked at my powerwall reservation and it *still* says "please call to schedule". does this jive with those of you that have been rescheduled? or is my account messed up/they dropped my install date?

i have not been on top of this since i ordered a model 3 in early december and had been focused on making sure i got it before i went on winter vacation (thankfully i did get the car, so that's out of the way!)

I wasnt rescheduled... but my scheduled install date shows in my tesla account online. Try calling the scheduling number thats in your tesla account (where it says please call to schedule). Not sure if thats the same number you called before, but when I called to schedule, they picked up in like 3 rings. This was a regular workday though.

i guess i will call again monday; the guy i spoke with on the phone told me that the date was in their system even though it didn't show in my account, but you know how that goes.

i do have a contact that i have been corresponding with re: NEM1/NEM2 and the associated PGE paperwork, i guess i can also ask her if she sees my new date as she had reiterated my old december date many times in emails.

i guess i will call again monday; the guy i spoke with on the phone told me that the date was in their system even though it didn't show in my account, but you know how that goes.

i do have a contact that i have been corresponding with re: NEM1/NEM2 and the associated PGE paperwork, i guess i can also ask her if she sees my new date as she had reiterated my old december date many times in emails.

That contact should be able to see it too. I got a little bit of information about how tesla has this structured. The contact you are talking to is the one whose job it is to push through your interconnect agreement, and other somewhat administrative tasks. They dont do the permitting for example, but they work with the permitting department on your behalf.

They DO push through the interconnect agreement, but they dont do scheduling (its another department inside tesla that does energy product scheduling). Your rep that pushes through the interconnect and handles contact from you should be able to see your scheduled install date though. Mine could, for example, so I am sure yours can.

Yes this is consistent with what I got too. I talked to multiple people and they confirmed in their scheduling system I was confirmed for January after they rescheduled me from my original dec date. My online account still says "call to schedule" but I've been reassured I'm on the schedule...

• Helpful
Reactions: astrorob