Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California PW installs BUMPED to 2020!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes this is consistent with what I got too. I talked to multiple people and they confirmed in their scheduling system I was confirmed for January after they rescheduled me from my original dec date. My online account still says "call to schedule" but I've been reassured I'm on the schedule...
Same here. I confirmed twice with the scheduling people and also with the on site survey person. Scheduled for Jan 2 even though the website says to call.

I am told that if you only are ordering Powerwalls and no solar, that your Powerwall account on the Tesla site does not update past 'schedule installation' even if you have a confirmed install date. If you are installing solar and Powerwalls, they say that you will see your install date listed. I already have solar and am getting Powerwalls (install confirmed end January), so no install date listed for me.

I am told that if you only are ordering Powerwalls and no solar, that your Powerwall account on the Tesla site does not update past 'schedule installation' even if you have a confirmed install date. If you are installing solar and Powerwalls, they say that you will see your install date listed. I already have solar and am getting Powerwalls (install confirmed end January), so no install date listed for me.

Hmm.. Well I am only a data point of 1, but I am only installing Powerwalls (2), to connect to existing solar, and I see my install date in my tesla account online. Now, a variable "could" be, I have a solar city (now tesla) leased solar system on my house. In any case, I definitely see my install date in my account, but its very soon now (jan 6th-7th is what I am scheduled).

Hmm.. Well I am only a data point of 1, but I am only installing Powerwalls (2), to connect to existing solar, and I see my install date in my tesla account online. Now, a variable "could" be, I have a solar city (now tesla) leased solar system on my house. In any case, I definitely see my install date in my account, but its very soon now (jan 6th-7th is what I am scheduled).

So I too have a legacy 2013 SolarCity (Tesla Energy) 16 kW solar system on a Power Purchase Agreement, but no install info on my Powerwall page (or any detailed info on my Solar page).

I’m having Powerwalls added to an existing, non-Tesla/Solarcity solar panel installation and I do see my April 20th installation date on my account page, so that story doesn’t fit.

well i've sent her an email but per autoreply she is out of the office until dec 31. i just signed the PGE paperwork so i hope she doesn't drop me :)
When I had my first install date (12/9) I saw the date. Then when I got bumped and rescheduled I never got a date listed again.:(

yes, same, which is why i asked about it.

my rep is on vacation until tomorrow it seems so i won't get any reply to my email for a couple of days.

I'd like to hear about new rule enforcement for PowerWall installs starting today from those people who have actual PowerWall installs in 2020. I'm especially interested in higher numbers of PowerWalls in one site. I'm successively more interested as quantity installed in one site goes higher.

We are getting a medium solar (roof constrained) and 3 powerwalls next week in the SF Bay Area.
That would be a perfect example. Pictures and any discussion about spacing, location, firewall requirements, and fire requirements in general would be great.

Someday, 100kWh PowerWall installs will be considered small sized systems, but today it seems like we aren't there yet.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear about new rule enforcement for PowerWall installs starting today from those people who have actual PowerWall installs in 2020. I'm especially interested in higher numbers of PowerWalls in one site. I'm successively more interested as quantity installed in one site goes higher.

That would be a perfect example. Pictures and any discussion about spacing, location, firewall requirements, and fire requirements in general would be great.

Someday, 100kWh PowerWall installs will be considered small sized systems, but today it seems like we aren't there yet.

I mentioned this in another thread that asked this, but anyone installing right after the new year is going to be governed by the permits that tesla already pulled on their behalf (under 2019 rules). At least this is what tesla told me when I asked specifically. I doubt that is a "southern calfiornia local" rule. You will need to wait for someone to get an install where the permit has not been pulled in 2019... and that likely wont be installs in the first few weeks of 2020.

I am installed. All went very well. One small bit that did not get done that is NBD is to have it pre wired for a third Powerwall around the corner. They ended up doing a lot of mods to the other components and then that got forgotten. Two really great Tesla employees who were totally dedicated and did excellent work.

Now need to have it inspected but it's operational now. Another thing I did not realize is that the Time Based Control is not active from the get go. It appears to take a few days before the system makes that available in the app so I am just running it on Self-powered mode.

20200102_150335.jpg

My system was installed on 12/31. Very professional job, power off for about 30minutes. Now waiting for building inspector and then PG&E approval before it's live. That said, they left the system running and seems to be working as expected.

Then they texted and called me (leaving voicemail) on 01/02 that they wanted to schedule my install! So the office coordination is Tesla as usual; right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing!

Reactions: charlesj