Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to know if people in Northern California are still waiting, or have already received delivery of your Model Y to gauge where things are at. Thanks.

Below is my order info:
MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat
OD: 1/21
Original EDD: Feb - March
Updated EDD (Jan): 2/18 - 3/18
Updated EDD (2/15): 3/8 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/22): 3/10 - 3/31
No VIN

ordered 1/13 Model Y LR MSM with 19s black interior
vin given 02/13 for pick up on the 16th, then changed to performance day before pick up on 2/15
vin given 02/18 for performance for pick up on the 23rd so went with the wife to test drive to make sure she was ok with ride and she didn't like the ride so changed back to LR day before pick up on the 23rd to same color but with white interior
vin given 02/25 for LR pick up day 02/28 in Colma

OD: 1/13, Bay Area. On Feb 21 received the infamous "Great News" text VIN expected to be assigned in 1-2 weeks.

After this torture chamber, 7,111, the flogging persists:

Feb 25: EDD Feb 23-Mar 5
Feb 26: EDD Feb 23-Mar 5
Feb 27: EDD Feb 23-Mar 5
Feb 27: EDD Feb 27-Mar 12
Feb 28: EDD Feb 28-Mar 12 (still no VIN)

As of today, my EDD window has changed 32 times in ~42 days and I’ve been inside the EDD window period for 31 days across three different EDD windows!

As I've said before, I don't mind waiting, its the constant changes (broken promises) that piss me off. On Feb 27, I postponed a business trip for the third time so I would be here for delivery.

For some reason delivery is to my house. Should I change delivery to the Fremont plant?

OD: 1/13, Bay Area. On Feb 21 received the infamous "Great News" text VIN expected to be assigned in 1-2 weeks.

As of today, my EDD window has changed 32 times in ~42 days and I’ve been inside the EDD window period for 31 days across three different EDD windows!

As I've said before, I don't mind waiting, its the constant changes (broken promises) that piss me off. On Feb 27, I postponed a business trip for the third time so I would be here for delivery.

For some reason delivery is to my house. Should I change delivery to the Fremont plant?
where do we get the information about the place of delivery ?

You are long overdue. I think it doesn’t hurt to try. Maybe one update will trigger the VIN?

"The flogging"... 🤣
I'm sorry and wish the best of luck.
I've had a similar experience. I'm trying to popularize "SNV" (still no VIN)

Reactions: ATG1
Have seen a few people mention "end of quarter rush". Is this really applicable with tesla business model since orders were placed early in the quarter? EOQ orders would be fulfilled next Q (hopefully)...
Musk usually sent out emails right before end of the quarter telling his employees to work hard to deliver as many cars as possible to hit Tesla quarterly delivery numbers. So hopefully they will get to us in March.

Reactions: BelugaWhale
Have seen a few people mention "end of quarter rush". Is this really applicable with tesla business model since orders were placed early in the quarter? EOQ orders would be fulfilled next Q (hopefully)...
For those that can, it is applicable to most public companies, IMO. There's also the accounting/delivery trick of revenue/earnings smoothing but I think Tesla wants a home run this Q.