Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE

Was planning to go to the Fremont plant right when they open at 10am this morning. Before I left I got a message saying I could schedule delivery. Earliest slot was next day 3/20 @ 11am, not bad but what the hec let’s try for today anyways.

I got there and the SA said they could expedite the pickup for today by 4pm. I said that’s cool and then noticed my app said pick up at 3pm. The SA said I would get a text if it was ready earlier though. We ended up coming back around 230pm. The SA said it was almost ready and they were putting finishing touches on it and would get a text. We decided to walk around the lot while we waited. There weren’t many MYLR MSM around but we saw one near the front and I decided to check the VIN for kicks and there she was!

It’s funny that they said they were still working on it because no one was at all close the car. We started inspecting the exterior and then we got the text to unlock the car. We got a little confused about how to get in so we went back in and asked for some help but if it wasn’t for that we literally would have unlocked the car and been able to drive off right then and there. I also wonder if the car was sitting there at 10am as well lol

I think if we had gone during a scheduled delivery time this whole process would have been extremely quick but Im amazed how easy pickup is these days compared to 2018 when I purchased my Model S. It’s almost like a self serve car rental place. Get your car and get outta here!

The only 2 issues we had was the door trim on driver side is slightly misaligned so we scheduled a service call for it already and somehow we got a supercharger idle notification. I’m thinking they supercharged it for us and forgot to take it off the charger so that used up our free strike. I’ll probably call and complain and maybe ask for some free supercharging miles for the headache (and not to mention anxiety from the EDD) 😂

View attachment 919374
Can you take the bart get off in fremont station and walk to the plant?

Congra
EDD46: Mar 22-28. After being inside three different delivery windows and having to cancel three different trips, the torture MAY end soon. Got VIN yesterday. Pickup will be at Fremont.

The Tesla App now reads, "Make Your Final Payment - Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." Of course, Tesla wants me to pay now but I plan to pay via certified check after inspection and acceptance of the car. But given how they jerked me through 46 EDD changes I'm a little concerned they'll prioritize other buyers paying electronically.

Who here has paid by certified check? Who by electronic transfer using the Tesla App?
You ordered so early, it’s about time! I’m gonna do the cashier check too, but for my case, they said just give it to the driver.

Not sure why they chose to deliver to my place rather than just have me to go Fremont to pick it up, since I’m only 10 minutes away from factory.

So I took the advice here to change my location to Fremont yesterday at 2pm. At 11pm the same day (yesterday), I got my Vin number. Worth the 2 hour driver to get this settled and over with before my vacation at the end of the month.

OD: 1/19 (very late in the evening)
MYLR - White, Black Interior, 19" (all basic)
Fremont Build
Sacramento, CA

UPDATE 1/25: EDD 2/21 - 3/28
UPDATE 2/5: EDD 2/17 - 3/17
UPDATE 2/13: EDD 3/8 - 3/31
UPDATE 2/22: EDD 3/9 - 3/31
UPDATE 3/10: EDD 3/21-3/31
UPDATE 3/19: EDD 3/22-3/28 with VIN (Fremont).

So I took the advice here to change my location to Fremont yesterday at 2pm. At 11pm the same day (yesterday), I got my Vin number. Worth the 2 hour driver to get this settled and over with before my vacation at the end of the month.

Fremont Build
Sacramento, CA

Congrats! Looks like this method is even better than upgrading to 20”, LOL

Reactions: Dynusor

Fremont Build
Sacramento, CA

Did they give you any choices for delivery dates?

Did they give you any choices for delivery dates?
No, I'm going to reach out today call, text, smoke signal to get it scheduled soon. I'll update here when it get's resolved.

I really didn't want to pay the extra 2K for 20" wheels, when you can find dozens of for sale posts for 20/21 Model Y wheels for $2k on Facebook, Craigslist or OfferUp. I can then have the nice wheels for days use and the 19" it came with for my longer road trips to Carmel, San Diego, LA, etc. for better range.

Rob, did they ask you for the social security number in the app(or website) for the 7500 tax credit? I did not see this.
Can't recall if SSN was one of the registration questions but there wasn't any additional questions to get the 7500 credit. I think you just claim it on the 2024 return and if IRS needs proof you can show the registration form which has the dates.

Anyone else know if that's the process?