Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if Y built at Fremont come with Matrix or LED headlights? I asked the SA but they didn't have the details on my build. For those who picked up last couple weeks from Fremont, what headlights did yours come with?

The_Matrix_Poster.jpg

Reactions: robchan and Ptown
I'll be there 4:00pm.
Dang, minor setup back today. Show up at Fremont for the confirmed 11am pickup, only to find out delay in getting the car ready. They said it will happen today but later in the afternoon. Parking is a zoo, so many pickups happening

Wasted my morning staying home to pickup. I was told they'll be doing the delivery until midnight, I'm hoping it won't be too late

Scheduled pick up at 4:00pm. Received a text at 3:30pm with location for the car. Come, sign, pick up and drive home within 10 minutes. Everything is good except the windows lock doesn't work, trunk cover included, no Mud flap, no PPF, 128GB USB drive in GLove box USB port. I am happy. See so many people waiting for their cars

Last edited:
Reactions: James2023y
MYLR5 wht/blk
OD: 3/1
Tucson, AZ delivery
EDD delayed again: Now 6/1 - 6/30

Could be problematic as we're planning on being out of town late June through July. Anyone have experience with delivery dates conflicting with travel dates?
several Tesla employees told me that VIN assignment means that the car configuration you ordered is somewhere in the build process. VIN numbers get assigned anywhere from the start of a build up to the end of the build. Fremont factory is turning out cars about every 8 mins, so by the time you check on it, the car may already be built.
OD 3/3 Model Y: Midnight silver/white interior, 5 seater Delivery 5/8-6/13 Last week I got a text: Delivery date was set for 3/29 but no VIN, but then pushed back to 5/1-11.
We were on vacation last week, so I did the Tesla Power of Attorney form for a friend to pickup the car for us. I took it to the local Tesla dealer and they were good with it. I got a cashiers check and gave it to my friend for payment. I provided my current insurance to the sales lady and she marked me down for insurance.
This morning I replied back to the phone number and asked why my date was pushed back. They said that I would be notified once a VIN is assigned and delivery schedule. Less then an hour later I saw in the Tesla app that a VIN was assigned. 5mins later, I got a text and email to schedule my delivery day. About an hour later I got a call from a guy at Tesla in Rocklin, CA verifying my configuration, payment option, trade-in, delivery day/time. He told me to have the cashiers check made out to Tesla Inc. Picking up the car Thursday 4/6.

Reactions: James2023y