Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Ireland Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Very interested in ordering a Model 3 and live near Belfast. A Couple of questions

1)Did you install a home charger and if so can you recommend a NI installer that you got the 500 pound grant with.

2)If not what sort of rate do you get from the standard plug. I read you can get 10 miles an hour

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

I went with the EO Mini Pro charger as the charger is pretty discreet. Ordered online directly and they had an Electrical contractor who sorts the install (Baird Electrical). They arrange for the grant claim.

All pretty straight forward and no real hassle from my side.

You'll get about 8 miles an hour from the standard plug.

Hi

Very interested in ordering a Model 3 and live near Belfast. A Couple of questions

1)Did you install a home charger and if so can you recommend a NI installer that you got the 500 pound grant with.

2)If not what sort of rate do you get from the standard plug. I read you can get 10 miles an hour

Cheers

Neil

I ordered online from Podpoint and they sent out their NI contractor Baird Electrical too install. They sent me an email asking if install date suited. Cost me 350 in the end, paid online.

Hi
New to the forum and keen to get a model 3. Live in NI. I gather you have to pick up in Edinburgh or similar. That’s no problem. What about servicing - can you go to Dublin? And if I break down what happens? Is there a recovery service and where does the car go and is a replacement car provided? Thanks! David

Hi
New to the forum and keen to get a model 3. Live in NI. I gather you have to pick up in Edinburgh or similar. That’s no problem. What about servicing - can you go to Dublin? And if I break down what happens? Is there a recovery service and where does the car go and is a replacement car provided? Thanks! David
Pickup i Edinburgh
Servicing Dublin
Mobile Ranger can deal with small issues - Had him up last week. Good guy.
Haven't needed Roadside assistance yet but detail are at Roadside Assistance,
I'd say better off with AA.
Breakdown - car goes to dublin, loaner vehicle should be provided if they have any, otherwise Uber credits given.

Hi folks. I’m new to this forum and interested in a model X. Is it possible to book a test drive in Dublin or is it necessary to go to Edinburgh for this?

How is this arranged? I filled in a contact request form on the Tesla website but noone got back to me. I’ve phoned the Tesla Dublin showroom a few times with no reply

Many thanks, Andrew

Hi folks. I’m new to this forum and interested in a model X. Is it possible to book a test drive in Dublin or is it necessary to go to Edinburgh for this?

How is this arranged? I filled in a contact request form on the Tesla website but noone got back to me. I’ve phoned the Tesla Dublin showroom a few times with no reply

Many thanks, Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Welcome! Yes you can book a test drive for Dublin. Usually through the website would work but I think ROI are getting through their first batch of Model 3 deliveries so prob very busy.

There's a 2017 X in Dungannon which may save you the trip?

Many thanks, Andrew

Hi Andrew - yes you can book a test drive in Dublin. They have a couple of Model X's including a P. They are manically busy with the delivery of the 3 right now but I'd say persist and they will get back to you. I think there is little point just rocking up as they typically work on an appt basis only. I'd have a few of the guys email addresses there so if you get nowhere, then PM me and I will send them on to you.

P

It’s be nice if they coordinate the NI deliveries the same day, we can nerd out on the boat home .

I’ve heard nothing, but noticed it’s changed from “coming soon” to “Target opening in 2020”. I’m more concerned about the service centre opening sooner tbh.