Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Ireland Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for a Rolec which was installed by BIE electrical. They were very good with the install and managed to squeeze me in the day before smart chargers became a requirement. IIRC - £250 after grants etc. (but as I say this was a "dumb" charger). No issues at all. (There were reports of older Rolec chargers failing but I believe the newer ones have upgraded components - ?blue trip switch vs green one ??)

I've said this before on this forum (so apologies for repeating myself) but the Tesla navigation counts ferry miles as driven miles so take that into account if when you plug in your home address on pickup from Edinburgh it says you won't make it.

(and again repeating myself but the reason there are no superchargers in NI is that the legislation to allow operators to charge for EV charging hasn't been passed by the Assembly)

Edinburgh Tesla indicates to me a site had been earmarked in Belfast back when I collected in mid Nov.

btw who is driving white OGZ 8462 , I saw it in Newry when at the shop and thought for a sec someone had stolen mine from the work car park . I’m in a white OGZ 8461 !

Ordered my M3 LR AWD in Red on 12th Jan.... waiting for delivery date. Will have to fly to Edinburgh to collect and drive back... hopefully will get back without needing to recharge. Have contacted Baird Electrical to install a pod point with tethered lead. Had previously contacted BI Electrical for a Rolec charger but they didn't get back to me despite a few phone calls and emails to them. What real mileage range is anyone getting from the LR AWD?

We recently did a 240 mile mostly 70mph motorway trip at 7C-10C outside temp. Left at 100% (we only charged to that due to long trip), returned at 50% having done a 56% (34-90% in 34 minutes) supercharge on our return. So not quite 240 miles 0-100% which you would never do. 25 miles of the trip was pre conditioning for supercharge which dramatically reduced the efficiency (63%) for that leg, and we left car on sentry at destination (2% loss) otherwise approx 78% of rated 310 mile range.

Last edited:
Reactions: GPDP
Ordered my M3 LR AWD in Red on 12th Jan.... waiting for delivery date. Will have to fly to Edinburgh to collect and drive back... hopefully will get back without needing to recharge. Have contacted Baird Electrical to install a pod point with tethered lead. Had previously contacted BI Electrical for a Rolec charger but they didn't get back to me despite a few phone calls and emails to them. What real mileage range is anyone getting from the LR AWD?
I picked my M3 LR AWD up in Edinburgh 18th Dec - they had charged it to 73%, however I knew it was due to be stormy that night and just in case the ferry was delayed I did a quick SuperCharge at the airport to take it to 90%. Drove down to Cairnryan in a howling gale and got home to Ballyclare with 25% remaining (heater was at 25C and two heated seats on the whole way down). At the moment on short trips I'm probably using about 1% battery every couple of miles, although I had a trip up to Portrush at the weekend (complete with all my surfing stuff) and it probably took about 40% off the battery (110 mile round trip and a bit of cabin pre-heating) - which I think is pretty good.

Reactions: GPDP
Thought they would have had it fully charged for your trip, especially if they knew the distance you had to go. 110 miles for 40% is about 275 miles total range, which with some reasonable weight and our winding roads isn't bad at about 79% of the stated range.

Good stuff bmullan - sounds great. Mine’s a LR MX in midnight silver metallic. Hopefully we’ll get them before the end of March. Has anyone heard any updates about the proposed Lisburn supercharger or Belfast service centre?
Belfast Service Centre plans submitted. No mention of superchargers though.
15 Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6HR

LA04/2020/0464/A 20/02/20 - under consultation

F0B4F9B6-7347-4841-A9B0-C90B9D086EFC.jpeg
FA56B5ED-FF1F-42BE-A9DB-ACBDFDF4EB50.jpeg

Reactions: -DB-