Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Michigan Starting to Plug-In Its Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, Jim.

This summer I'll only be in west Michigan (Grand Haven native, family still there.) But in 2016 I'll be taking my 17 y.o. son on an extended camping trip up north and in the U.P. We'll be swinging through Thompsonville on the way to MC.

Yes, we'll have the CHAdeMO. Can't wait, should be an adventure beyond St Ignace!

Great. We visited Marquette last year and it is a beautiful area. Biked the Iron Ore rail trail. Please stop in and say hello on your way. You are welcome to use our HPWC to top off your battery.

Thanks, Jim.

#1 son will be a freshman in Houghton fall 2016, so next summer is our trial run & scouting trip to determine how much fun it will be for his dad to take a road trip up to the see the campus. I have friends/relatives in Escanaba, Iron Mountain & Ontagnogen - not exactly a straight shot to the Keweenaw Peninsula, but those slight detours are my plan A. After watching Björn Nyland scrounge around Norway in the pre-SC days, I guess I'll figure something out. We'll see what the next few years brings, maybe the infrastructure will expand a bit more.

Been a big fan of CMR since high school! Keep us posted if you take your 85D into the U.P., would love to hear any tips you have to share.

ETA - seems like Houghton might be the only place I'll be charging on 240v/30A. Even the Chevy dealer in Marquette only has a J1772 at the moment.

Last edited: