Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern New Jersey Tint and Paint Protection Reccomendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone looking to get their car tinted or protection film installed in northern New Jersey area. I just got mine done at NJ Boom Boom in Palisades Park NJ. They carry llumar line of tint and are able to do a full rear window tint on the model 3. I went with the nano ceramic CTX line of tint with heat rejection. Full lifetime warranty.

The owner Tom has been doing tint for 20+ years and the workmanship shows. He cuts the frameless windows larger and sands off the excess so no line shows.

I am not affiliated and don’t get any referral. Just a very good shop that does good work. I’m uploading some shop photos and will post picture of the car after I clean and wax it. Tell Tom, Mike with the white Model 3 sent you and you want one piece rear window tint. He will take care of you and give you an incredible price on ceramic tint.

E7AB354C-4EB5-4364-AEEA-8C9379653E7C.jpeg
F2CE14A7-E1A8-437E-B13C-FE8F058D5D5F.jpeg
93BD0FDF-205D-4411-84FE-DA117623F16C.jpeg
C28BCA49-4622-4316-8B61-51DD273ED0ED.jpeg

For anyone looking to get their car tinted or protection film installed in northern New Jersey area. I just got mine done at NJ Boom Boom in Palisades Park NJ. They carry llumar line of tint and are able to do a full rear window tint on the model 3. I went with the nano ceramic CTX line of tint with heat rejection. Full lifetime warranty.

I originally got my Model S done with LeeBurbs and Greg Gellas with Signature Detailing in Hillsdale NJ. But They have been super sketchy lately and prices are sky high so I decided to come here instead. 1/2 the cost and much closer to home for me.

So what exactly is 1/2 cost at Boom Boom?

Just called for a quote on window tint for my Model 3 and they are more expensive than Lee. I have quotes from both Lee and Greg for PPF (Xpel & SunTek Ultra) and Lee for tint (No tint offered via Greg) as well so not sure this is an accurate claim. Lee & Greg would really be considered central NJ (Somerset County) in my opinion, but either way.

Anyways, I've used Lee several times for window tinting only going back to about 2010. He was using Madico brand films, Charcool and Wincos (Premium IR film) for years, but when I asked recently about the Model 3 he is now offering Xpel Prime XR. He has tons of status in the Tesla and other high-end car communities (See his FB gallery), and now has a second shop in Florida.

As far as PPF and the Greg & Lee drama, yes they now run complete independent shops, both in Hillsborough. NJ several miles apart. As a customer I don't care for the drama, only quality services and products and somebody that will back up their work. In that regard I would HIGHLY recommend either detailer as some of the best in the state, so check out their shops and work in person before forming any strong options.

Greg's - Signature Detailing - Does PPF & Ceramic Coating @ Signature Detailing - New Jersey's Premier Auto Detailer & PPF Installer

Lee's - LeeBerbs LLC - Does PPF, Ceramic Coatings & Tints @ leeberbs or leeberbs south, LLC

"Now as far as my Model 3 I had my PPF and Ceramic Coating done with Greg at Signature Detailing and couldn't be happier with his work and his accommodating and personable nature. Rather than re-writing my experience and review I will copy and paste below, along with adding a few pictures.

During the 2+ year wait for my Tesla Model 3 I had a lot of time to find a quality PPF and Ceramic Coating installer and lucky for me, Greg ended up being right down the road. I got to see his work first hand back in May on another Model 3 and I encourage anyone looking into paint protection films and ceramic coating to do the same and stop by.

Greg ended up doing the full front end (front bumper, full hood, full fenders, mirrors and lights) of my Silver Metallic Model 3 in SunTek Ultra and topped it off with Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coating for a showroom look that should last for years. Most people who have seen my car since can't even tell it's been wrapped, which is the point. The skills and attention to detail required for a quality install are much more important than the products alone and with Signature Detailing you got all your bases covered.

Greg has been super responsive to all my crazy questions both before AND after my appointment and goes above and beyond with little perks and extras to make every job special. He's willing to do only what you want or give you his opinion, while NEVER trying to up-sell. Even his shop guy Francisco was inviting and friendly, which means a lot to those paying for services above and beyond what they are accustomed to. I'm looking forward to staying in touch with the SD shop and they are on the top of my list for anyone looking for detailing, PPF or coatings in the Tri-state area. Keep up the great work guys!"

Feel free to message me for any more details. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    529 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0285.jpeg
    IMG_0285.jpeg
    571.2 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
I was "asked" by Leeberbs to update this post.

Leeberbs had a falling out with Greg and now they are working against each other and not telling people they are separate companies.
Greg does not do tint because he is unable to?
Leeberbs does do tints but mostly if you do PPF with the tints. Not sure if he does them alone anymore. He uses Wincos tint which is not a ceramic tint and has a bluish tinge to them.

They are 2 hours away from me. It was hard to arrange a time to for me to get to them because Leeberbs has a shop in NJ and Florida and commutes between shops.

I dont want any trouble with those guys. Thats not the purpose of this post.

I found this NJ Boom Boom place and they did a spectacular job and carry quality tint.

I've since sent 4 others Model 3 owners over to them and they also had good reviews. Im going to have them paint correct and do PPF on my 3. They have experience with Tesla and is local to me.
You mean Greg doesn’t tell people they are separate companies. Lee is quite clear that he does not work with Greg anymore. Also Lee uses xpel Tint now. Finally... I would never do business at a place called boom boom. It’s a shame if they do quality work they would pick such a ridiculous name.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
You mean Greg doesn’t tell people they are separate companies. Lee is quite clear that he does not work with Greg anymore. Also Lee uses xpel Tint now. Finally... I would never do business at a place called boom boom. It’s a shame if they do quality work they would pick such a ridiculous name.
Greg was very clear with me that him and Lee are separate. Greg has done all three of our Tesla’s and is about to do our fourth.

But I do agree I don’t like the name boom boom and I probably wouldn’t go there

• Love
Reactions: Ejl80
Just heard from another person that Lee doesn’t tint the back windshield in one piece.

If you’re getting ppf go to Greg or Lee. Tint go to NJ boom boom.

Sent 8 model 3 owners over and they’ve been very happy with the work.

No drama either, just quality.

This sounds like Geno’s or Pat’s?! I am looking to get tints done to my car. But trying to find a reputable tint shop isn’t easy. Due its electrical sensitivity, I would be comfortable to take it to a place where they have worked on Teslas before. Not sure what made him name Boom Boom in a first place. Was it a night club before he turned into a tint shop??