TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Northern Sydney Showroom and Service Centre - Chatswood

Discussion in 'Australia' started by moa999, Oct 14, 2020.

1. GrimRe

GrimRe Member

The lack of super chargers in Australia generally perplexes me. New Zealand which has far fewer Teslas than Australia has way more Superchargers.

Do you think they aren’t getting favourable terms to install them? (Off topic)

Great to see this coming though!

2. moa999

moa999 Member

Agreed. And it's not a particularly good site like Macquarie - not really on any major roads.

Much like Alexandria I'm sure it will have a supercharger in the service area, just not for public usage.

Think Tesla has just had issues getting sites up this year (most of the planned 2020 sites were in Victoria)

3. Vostok

Vostok Active Member

Fewer Teslas in absolute numbers, but they are higher per-capita. NZ has 11 Supercharger locations, Australia has 34.

4. GrimRe

GrimRe Member

yea if we normalise based on landmass, NZ has way more super chargers :)

5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

A bit like how Iceland has the most Nobel Prize winners per capita of any country.
    They have 1.

6. moa999

moa999 Member

IMG_20210113_151535.jpg
    Did a drive-by today.
    Still no Tesla signage. Some signage for Schiavello who seem to be doing the fitout.

But the picture above shows what I assume is the showroom section, and it's looking close (in the usual Tesla basic format).

Above the carpark entrance I also spotted a HPWC box against the window, and a supercharger shell (probably just a demo unit for the showroom)

• Informative x 1