Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Sydney Showroom and Service Centre - Chatswood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't make sense having two superchargers on the north shore so close to each other. Would prefer they invest in superchargers in Western Sydney somewhere.

The lack of super chargers in Australia generally perplexes me. New Zealand which has far fewer Teslas than Australia has way more Superchargers.

Do you think they aren’t getting favourable terms to install them? (Off topic)

Great to see this coming though!

Wouldn't make sense having two superchargers on the north shore so close to each other.

Agreed. And it's not a particularly good site like Macquarie - not really on any major roads.

Much like Alexandria I'm sure it will have a supercharger in the service area, just not for public usage.

Think Tesla has just had issues getting sites up this year (most of the planned 2020 sites were in Victoria)

IMG_20210113_151535.jpg

Did a drive-by today.
Still no Tesla signage. Some signage for Schiavello who seem to be doing the fitout.

But the picture above shows what I assume is the showroom section, and it's looking close (in the usual Tesla basic format).

Above the carpark entrance I also spotted a HPWC box against the window, and a supercharger shell (probably just a demo unit for the showroom)

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc
Drove past Chatswood site again on the weekend. No obvious external changes and the showroom looked pretty similar.

Some new painted arrows on the underground carpark, and some new wiring in the delivery area, plus some new chairs upstairs were the only obvious signs of anything progressing.

Not that it's in an area where there will be much drive-by traffic particularly at night - but they've definitely thinned out the plants.

But I suspect it will be used to help Alexandria with Sydney deliveries this quarter.

Even a potplant in the boardroom upstairs.

Drove past this afternoon as they were putting the first car in the showroom.

A red Model 3 with EKO plates has the prime corner position.
Was also a black 3 underneath but could have been more cars in the Service area.

Looking into the carpark there are a few HPWCs on the wall, no sign of anything quicker.

Showroom looks good with all the posters on the wall, albeit still pretty sparse.

Reactions: Vostok
Any publicly-accessible Superchargers at the new Centre?

They'd be in the app if they were.

The carpark (collections area) only has a few wall chargers and i suspect even these (like the ones at Parramatta) won't be for public usage.

Like Alexandria they will probably have a supercharger in the service dept (for testing as much as anything) but not for public usage.