Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Sydney Showroom and Service Centre - Chatswood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
70 Lower Gibbes Rd Chatswood
Opposite Bunnings just off Eastern Valley Way

Nash from Tesla in the Gong had suggested this in his YT video yesterday, and today some renders were posted on the TM3 Aus FB Group.

FB_IMG_1602732659935.jpg

FB_IMG_1602732663793.jpg

I don't understand. Is this actually happening or a fan proposal?

The Willoughby council website does not have any DAs for this site.

Terms and Conditions

The original source from the Facebook group said that it came from the architects (I2C). I searched the architects website and social media and didn’t find any further detail at the time.

Sometimes DAs don’t need to be advertised, they can just be approved by council staff if it meets certain conditions. e.g the building structure isn’t significantly different, number of staff, opening hours, expected traffic aren’t significantly different, etc.

The original source from the Facebook group said that it came from the architects (I2C). I searched the architects website and social media and didn’t find any further detail at the time.

Sometimes DAs don’t need to be advertised, they can just be approved by council staff if it meets certain conditions. e.g the building structure isn’t significantly different, number of staff, opening hours, expected traffic aren’t significantly different, etc.

Its more likely the DA has not yet been submitted. I'm not sure if you are talking about a CDC but even those are published. A building works of this size (i.e. conversion of the lot into a car dealer and service centre) would absolutely require a DA.

IIRC that was previously an NRMA Inspection Centre. So the zoning is probably already in place for car service and repairs, making any DA pretty straight forward. In some Councils, if a DA complies with all Building Control Plans and is not considered a change of use, then the neighbours will not be notified. That could well be the case here.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq

It's my understanding the architect issued a cease and desist as these designs were confidential, hence why the post was removed.

i wonder if this is to coincide with the MIC model y supposedly launching in Australia in May.

Think it's more they will need more service points for the large number of vehicles (particularly 3s) delivered in the past 12 months.
Extra showrooms are a bonus.

As for the timing. It's really just a few internal walls, windows and external signage from the plans i saw

Brave, or irresponsible if they knew it was not public information.

Question of degree.

If you send plans to say 20 companies for quotes without an NDA is it still non-public.
Melbourne Elsternwick is seemingly the same stage and got published on a public tender website - Tesla Brighton - EstimateOne

Only slightly different to lodging a DA where typically full renders and plans would be accessible (as we had for the original Alexandria site)

Had to go to Bunnings yesterday afternoon so went a bit further.
Lift crane parked out the front and obvious signs of tradesman working in the interior. No T signage. But Willoughby Council has updated the page for the address with a Private Cert for Internal Demolition and Tesla is shown on the plans.
Terms and Conditions
I could not see anywhere on the plans provisions for Superchargers being installed on-site?!