Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern VA - PPF Recomendations/Installers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at getting PPF installed on my car, probably the whole car. I have found three places that seem to get good reviews and offer three different PPF brands.

TLC Auto Detail - Clearguard Nano and Suntek
Detail Authority - XPEL
American Shine Detailing - Suntek

Curious if anyone has any experience with these or others not listed, what they think of the films etc.. About 5-6 years ago I had Xpel Ultimate (pre "plus" version) and it was pretty good, peeled a little, had some orange peel as well but not bad. I also like that Suntek offers a hydrophobic coating. so no real need for Ceramic Coating on it. Clearguard also seems to get good recomendations.. All three seem pretty good and have mostly positive reviews. But i think it really comes down to the installer. So curious what people think of the three I listed or others. I really want some place that will wrap it without seams or gaps, been there done that...

Although no personal experience, my neighbor recommends TLC Auto Detail in Dulles, but he only got ceramic coating with them. I reached out to TLC to get a PPF quote on an undelivered Model Y, but they said they generally have to inspect it to determine how much work has to happen with the paint before quoting.

Looking at getting PPF installed on my car, probably the whole car. I have found three places that seem to get good reviews and offer three different PPF brands.

TLC Auto Detail - Clearguard Nano and Suntek
Detail Authority - XPEL
American Shine Detailing - Suntek

Curious if anyone has any experience with these or others not listed, what they think of the films etc.. About 5-6 years ago I had Xpel Ultimate (pre "plus" version) and it was pretty good, peeled a little, had some orange peel as well but not bad. I also like that Suntek offers a hydrophobic coating. so no real need for Ceramic Coating on it. Clearguard also seems to get good recomendations.. All three seem pretty good and have mostly positive reviews. But i think it really comes down to the installer. So curious what people think of the three I listed or others. I really want some place that will wrap it without seams or gaps, been there done that...
I used detail authority. They did a great job. Xpel ultimate plus. If it matters to you, they do not take off the side cameras.

Tlc is very well thought of.

Clear bra of washington, jason P. Is very good as well