Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Virginia group buy for PPF / ceramic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello NoVA peers,

I'm interested in getting a PPF (maybe with ceramic) on my model 3 when I take delivery, if the price is right. The cost is a big factor, both for myself, and to convince my spouse. Does anyone in the NoVa area know of a reliable place which has good rates? Alternatively, would people be interested in a group buy to potentially bring the price down to a manageable level? Thanks!

Hey Guys - I got my model 3 last friday and just picked it back up in getting wrapped with chrome delete at this place which is local. It called Exotic Vehical Wrap and the guy to talk to is Bobby and he took care of my car like his own. If you want I can do an introduction for you guys who ever is interested and if you want to see my car we can meet up in the area for you to see quality of his work.

Located near off Stringfellow rd and 29, shouldnt be too far from you guys.

Hey Guys - I got my model 3 last friday and just picked it back up in getting wrapped with chrome delete at this place which is local. It called Exotic Vehical Wrap and the guy to talk to is Bobby and he took care of my car like his own. If you want I can do an introduction for you guys who ever is interested and if you want to see my car we can meet up in the area for you to see quality of his work.

Very nice! How
Much was the wrap alone? I’m guessing you meant paint protection film wrap.

I’d like to do this as well. I take delivery on Tuesday. I’m considering Detail Authority in Fairfax - Ashley from the Tyson’s Tesla SC recommended them. They quoted 1995 for xpel full front wrap and 1300 for Opticoat Pro plus ceramic application.

Maybe we can compare between Exotic Vehical Wrap (also considered this place) and Detail Authority?

I am getting my front bumper wrapped with Suntek Ultra from American Shine Detailing formally SpeedFreak Detailing on Wed.

I am going to try and wrap the hood myself and do a DIY with Gyeon Mohs.

Congrats on your delivery! Which color do you guys have? I am around Reston a bunch with my red one.

The PPF film was $3500 for front and about $7K for the whole car. I did a lot other things as well like the inside and chrome delete. If you are interested I can give you his direct number and you can set up a meeting to go over what you want to do. Give me a call at 7039804909.

I was actually looking at that place and was curious. I hope I'm not getting PPF Film and Vinyl Wraps mixed up, if they are different. I was looking to get my Model 3 wrapped in 3M Satin Black. Is this what they would be charging $7K for? Reading online I saw that the average price was in the $3K range, but I'm sure that differs per location.

FYI, I have done several inquiries for several different wraps and have the following interesting quotes for my upcoming model 3 delivery.

Exotic Vehicle Wraps
Chrome Delete - ~$1,000
Front PPF (Bumper, Hood, Fenders) - ~$1,999 (Suntek)
Full Wrap (Very vague answer) ~$3,500 - $5,000

Laid not sprayed vinyl workz
Full Vinyl Wrap - $2,700 (They also said this might cost less after inspection)
Front end wrap - $2,200
Tinting (all around w/o windshield) ~$220
Chrome Delete (around door trim) - $85 a side!
The also do over Ceramic but didn't quote me on it.

Detail Authority
Chrome Delete - ~$1,150
Tinting - $850 (all side and rear)
Premium Wrap Kit ($1,995) listed on their website they said, but can vary depending on brand.

• Informative
Reactions: Devanish
FYI, I have done several inquiries for several different wraps and have the following interesting quotes for my upcoming model 3 delivery.

Exotic Vehicle Wraps
Chrome Delete - ~$1,000
Front PPF (Bumper, Hood, Fenders) - ~$1,999 (Suntek)
Full Wrap (Very vague answer) ~$3,500 - $5,000

Laid not sprayed vinyl workz
Full Vinyl Wrap - $2,700 (They also said this might cost less after inspection)
Front end wrap - $2,200
Tinting (all around w/o windshield) ~$220
Chrome Delete (around door trim) - $85 a side!
The also do over Ceramic but didn't quote me on it.

Detail Authority
Chrome Delete - ~$1,150
Tinting - $850 (all side and rear)
Premium Wrap Kit ($1,995) listed on their website they said, but can vary depending on brand.

Thanks for the sharing of info. My delivery got delayed from two weeks ago to the July so it'll give me a chance to look up some quotes too if I decide to go this route. I'm considering going DIY on the hood PPF but getting the rest of the front end done professionally. I also want to try a DIY ceramic coating.

Chrome delete at $85 per side seems ridiculously cheap though. Makes me question how they're doing it so cheaply, to be honest.

~Paik

Thanks for the sharing of info. My delivery got delayed from two weeks ago to the July so it'll give me a chance to look up some quotes too if I decide to go this route. I'm considering going DIY on the hood PPF but getting the rest of the front end done professionally. I also want to try a DIY ceramic coating.

Chrome delete at $85 per side seems ridiculously cheap though. Makes me question how they're doing it so cheaply, to be honest.

~Paik

Well based on their statement "around the door trim" I don't know if that includes mirrors, door handles, side mirrors, etc. Just passing along their statements. Several people have said they found chrome delete in the mid $300s so it doesn't sound that unreasonable.

Well based on their statement "around the door trim" I don't know if that includes mirrors, door handles, side mirrors, etc. Just passing along their statements. Several people have said they found chrome delete in the mid $300s so it doesn't sound that unreasonable.

If it's just for the door trim, then that might make sense. I would expect they'd do the mirrors at least (the seemingly most annoying/difficult part). Wouldn't really expect the door handles though. I've been looking into doing plasti-dip for the chrome delete. Seems super easy and low cost enough where if you mess it up, you won't feel bad.

~Paik

Hey guys sorry its been a super busy few weeks with work and this rain will never end. If you guys want to meet up who ever is local we can and can walk you through what was done and the vendors I used on the car. I just got my windows tinted as well and will post those too when I can get away from work.

IMG_4362.jpg IMG_4363.jpg IMG_4330.jpg

I’ve been using and having great success with Devin at Dominion Auto Detailing. They are located in Woodbridge but they have mobile services also.

He’s been working on our family’s car for 5 years now and does great work. He has done ceramic coating and Xpel Ultimate on our 2013 P85, 2016 P90D, 2018 Model 3, 2012 Infiniti M56X, and 2000 BMW M Roadster. In February he did the Model 3 with Xpel Ultimate on the hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, side view mirrors and rear lip on bumper for $1895.

He did the ceramic coating on the car, wheels, glass, brake calipers, interior console and touch screen for a price of $1300.

I’ve been extremely pleased with his work over the years.

dominionautodetailingva.com

I am interested. I am at 29/28 in centreville.