Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Virginia Meetup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mrjwen

VA: PLUGS IN
Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Originally posted in the DC group here: DC Area Meetup

Would anyone be interested in having a family friendly meet-up at a winery in the Northern VA area? I was thinking Pearmund Cellars in Broad Run (they installed a Tesla destination charger) or Blue Valley in Delaplane (nice scenery and venue). Saturday, April 16th around lunchtime?

GF and I had the Roadster at Pearmund just yesterday. Of course, they just happened to have NO POWER...so, no lights inside, no charger outside, heck...the bathrooms didn't even work (they apparently require an electric pump). Oops.

Fortunately, I "wanted" to charge, I didn't "need" to charge.

Pearmund has both an S destination charger, and a J1772 universal...and they have excellent wine! Lots of opportunities to walk around, several nice fire-pits to sit around outside, etc.

We're currently free on the 16th, and would be interested.

Does Blue Valley have charging? Or is it just a nice winery to visit?

Ah! Well fortunately they were still pouring wine!

We did the same a few weeks ago. Actually found them on the Tesla Destination charger map and decided to drive out for a visit. Like you said, great wines and nice place to hang out for the afternoon. How does 1pm on the 16th sound?

Blue Valley doesn't have charging, just a nice winery and scenic drive.

Some photos of Pearmund when Vera @Thinkje and I went there last summer.

pearmund1.jpg

pearmund2.jpg

pearmund3.jpg

Reactions: nikielizabeth
A boozy bump to the top.

Reminder: Event is coming up this Sunday, for those that are interested!
Thanks for the reminder!
I think I just cleared our calendar.
And after reading their policies, it looks like we can bring along our new Newfoundland puppy. He's still a bit of a light-weight as far as drinking goes, but if we could find a way to hook him up to a treadmill, he'd power our car better than solar :)

Looking forward to this! I'll be bringing two of my friends. They have a new dog as well, but I'm pretty sure they won't want to bring her (she's a bit rambunctious outdoors and they still treat my car like an exotic :rolleyes: ).

Still thinking that we'll all meet *at* Pearmund by 1:30pm, yeah?

Yep! This Sunday at 1:30pm. They have one Tesla Destination Charger and one EV public charger. I'll be fully charged so won't need the juice but priority can go to those that need it.

Sounds like we'll have about 9 people in attendance? I've been in touch with the owner and manager, so I'll give them a heads up that we'll be meeting up Sunday afternoon!

Looks like it'll be 72 and sunny!

Looking forward to it.

We won't need the chargers either (unless I find another superbike that wants to race - which happened the last time we went to Pearmund) but, I'm always happy to give my business (aka my money) to organizations that support EVs.

Likewise, we shouldn't need a destination charger. I'd probably be fine on a standard 85% charge but I might float it up towards Range Charge just 'cause.

My carload will be a maximum of four folks, but it is overwhelmingly more likely that it'll only be three of us.

Edit: The entire reason I came to check on this post was to mention an e-mail I got from Tesla about their new "Tesla Social" events they seem to be hosting on the weekends. Starting, of course, this weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Obviously I'm still planning on Pearmund with y'all, but just thought I'd float that in as an FYI.

@Lanny Thanks for the recommendation! I'll try to make it but looks like I have daddy daycare that morning. I'm currently RSVPed for the May 1st event at Tyco Rd. Others that will be at the April 17th social, spread the word!

I spoke to the general manager at Pearmund and they're excited about the meetup. They recommended parking next to the "crush pad" (which is where the chargers are located).