Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Virginia Model Y started

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes and yes. I did a 3 and Y test drive at Tyco. Recommend weekdays. I went for the Y test drive on a Saturday and I only got 15 minutes with it. On a Tuesday, I did the 3 drive and I had 40 minutes to drive.

We were told we had 10 minutes for our drive. With the way traffic was that day we pretty much only made it around the block. But it was the funnest drive around the block I’ve had in a while!

It was somewhat touchless. We went in and spoke to the reps. You could wait in your car and let them know you’re there over the phone. They will need to make copies of your driver’s license and have you sign a waiver on a tablet device. I called in advance to ask about their COVID procedures. They wear masks and sanitize/wipe the vehicles down before and after. I watched the rep wipe ours down before we went on our drive.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Argh just received a call saying delivery is postponed from my original pickup of this Wed to next Wed the 29th. Rep couldn't say what the issue was other than logistics as car isn't slated to arrive until Friday at earliest. LR AWD White/White w/Geminis. Anyone else get a delayed call as well?

Argh just received a call saying delivery is postponed from my original pickup of this Wed to next Wed the 29th. Rep couldn't say what the issue was other than logistics as car isn't slated to arrive until Friday at earliest. LR AWD White/White w/Geminis. Anyone else get a delayed call as well?

Oh I've been waiting patiently, but man so far all is quiet and no word of a delay. I hope it still goes for this Wed.

Yep, as expected, they called me too and informed me the soonest they could do it was next week. Oh well, I've waited this long.

For those of us fortunate enough to pay Personal Property Taxes in Northern Virginia - is there any consideration for canceling the FSD option to save the 4% property tax on it the first year? Just curious if they back into the sales price the first year if an NADA value doesn't exist?

Yep, as expected, they called me too and informed me the soonest they could do it was next week. Oh well, I've waited this long.

I was scheduled for Wed 22nd...got the same call...was told that the vehicle would now be arriving to Tyco on Saturday 25th, so rescheduled delivery for week of 27th. As long as build quality is good, I'm in no rush at this point.

Reactions: Impaler
Tesla rep at Tyco just called me. They’re scheduled to do “more than 50 deliveries” on Sunday, July 26th. He expects my car (LR AWD, Midnight Silver, White, Induction, Tow hitch) to arrive on Thursday and asked if I would be willing to take delivery on Saturday. He said they are trying to move as many deliveries from Sunday to Saturday as they can to even it out.

Tesla rep at Tyco just called me. They’re scheduled to do “more than 50 deliveries” on Sunday, July 26th. He expects my car (LR AWD, Midnight Silver, White, Induction, Tow hitch) to arrive on Thursday and asked if I would be willing to take delivery on Saturday. He said they are trying to move as many deliveries from Sunday to Saturday as they can to even it out.
please post back when you can and let me know how delivery goes... I have similar config: LR AWD/MSM/White/Induction/Tow/FSD...VIN 20XXX...would be nice to know that your build was acceptable

Getting mine as well on 7/28, vin came out on 7/10 saw it on 7/12. Did all the paperwork and even got an amazing rate as well. Ordered on 03/16/19 so can’t wait it’s been a long time coming since I sold my carbon fiber modified model 3 back in may.

ordered: white/white performance, already got my cf white steering wheel and mats, dash cam, and other stuff just need the car now.
Btw- it looks like it might rain so might move it ahead or 1 day later bc I want to ensure the quality is top notch.

Is Tesla’s best rate still 2.49%? I read another post mentioning 1.9% somewhere..

Unless it’s changed in the last three days, it’s still 2.49%. I was approved at that rate but ended up going with Pasadena FCU at 2.24% for 72 months. They are at 1.85% for 60 months. There is a spreadsheet here on the forums that shows the latest rates at various credit unions. I donated $25 to the Pasadena library to become a member. This is done during the membership application process. To get their best rate I had to open a checking account and apply for a Visa. Pasadena’s current rates are here. Vehicle Loan Rates › Pasadena Federal Credit Union

I’m not affiliated with them other than I just became a member and am impressed with their customer service. Their loan officer called me to discuss my loan. They are familiar with Tesla loans and he explained the entire process including what to do if I reject the car.

That's great. The guy at Tyco told me the same thing. They expect to receive a TON of cars this weekend, and also stated they want them gone as soon as possible. That said, they must all be inspected before they are ready for customers, and the service team doesn't work during the weekends. I have asked if I could have it picked up next Monday. If it's inspected, he'll call and get it done. Expect the same for the rest of us.

My LR white/white FSD should have arrived at tyco two days ago. For various reasons (another dealer down the road...) I can’t take delivery now, so I hope that helps someone who’s eyeing a similar configuration? Happy driving!

Yup, many of us are in the same boat. My original pick up day was today. Now it's next week.