TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Northrop Grumman is nearing an agreement to buy Orbital ATK

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by Lump, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lump

Lump Active Member

• Informative x 5
  2. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

3. HVM

HVM Savolainen

Depend if it's for the solid rockets business (for military e.g. new ABMs thanks to the Best Korea). And Orbital's other space stuff is just bonus, or is it lucrative enough?

4. HVM

HVM Savolainen

.@northropgrumman to acquire @OrbitalATK for $9.2 billion. Important: http://bit.ly/2xbXM6T

Northrop Grumman to Acquire Orbital ATK for $9.2 Billion

• Combination enhances capabilities, innovation and competition for customers
    • Meaningful shareholder value creation opportunity driven by strategic fit, revenue synergies from new opportunities, and cost savings
    • Expected to be accretive to EPS and FCF per share in first full year; estimated annual cost savings of $150 million by 2020
    • Strong combined cash flow generation supports financial flexibility and continued execution of capital deployment strategy
    • Conference call scheduled for Monday, September 18, at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time

News Room

5. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

The stock is up 20%. Long ago I recommended Orbital in the "other investments" thread. I think I commented that since we couldn't invest in SpaceX it was an aerospace alternative. I think it was something like $40 back then and they hadn't even merged with Alliant Tech yet. I seem to remember buying it for a short while just after the 2014 incident since it plunged.