Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northwest Arkansas to Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting a Model Y this year, and I often drive down to Dallas from Fayetteville, AR. There’s no Superchargers between those two, and it’s about 50 miles too long to do it in one charge.

Has anyone made that drive, and do you have suggestions on where to stop to charge? Thanks

Depends when Tesla will build a Supercharger in Ft Smith. Hopefully it'll go in before you take delivery.

Follow the various threads about I-40 in Arkansas.

You might need a ChaDeMo adapter, but no reason to make that decision until your Model Y is about to be delivered.

I do the drive every few weeks and we are lucky in that even though Tesla has not addressed the issue yet we do have new options. McAlester is about half way and there is a Francis Solar DC fast charger downtown there at the headquarters of Rover.Taxi. They have the CHAdeMO adapters needed on site so you don't need to buy the adapter if you don't want to. I usually get there with 30-40% of charge and can get up 80%-90% in less than an hour and under $14. They also have a lounge there if want to go inside. There are other Francis Solar DC fast chargers popping up all over Oklahoma so those are other options if you aren't leaving with at least a 70% charge and can't make it to McAlester.
There are Tesla Superchargers planned in Denison and in Fort Smith but since those aren't close to the middle of the trip, they aren't going to be as good of choice as McAlester IMO.

Last edited:
Amazing. Thank you.

I do the drive every few weeks and we are lucky in that even though Tesla has not addressed the issue yet we do have new options. McAlester is about half way and there is a Francis Solar DC fast charger downtown there at the headquarters of Rover.Taxi. They have the CHAdeMO adapters needed on site so you don't need to buy the adapter if you don't want to. I usually get there with 30-40% of charge and can get up 80%-90% in less than an hour and under $14. They also have a lounge there if want to go inside. There are other Francis Solar DC fast chargers popping up all over Oklahoma so those are other options if you aren't leaving with at least a 70% charge and can't make it to McAlester.
There are Tesla Superchargers planned in Denison and in Fort Smith but since those aren't close to the middle of the trip, they aren't going to be as good of choice as McAlester IMO.

Reactions: Ryefry