Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northwest Tesla Auto Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been a PEMCO customer for many years. One thing to remember when shopping rates is what service your insurer will provide.

Last year, our S was the victim of a hit and run in a parking lot. PEMCO was able to track down the responsible party using a hand written anonymous note with a partial plate and a basic car description left on our windshield and hold them responsible for the damage. While they were doing their investigation, I'd already started the repair process for our car. The body shop went from working with my insurer (PEMCO) to working with the responsible party's insurer (State Farm) after the initial estimate was given, and just before the repairs were to start. State Farm was much more difficult to work with, both for me and for the body shop.

In the end, it seems that most people are more interested in rates and want to hear a comparison, assuming that it should be fairly easy to provide. It's very difficult for me to be able to give an accurate year by year comparison as we've had significant changes in our coverage needs each year, and even during each year. Looking back, we've:
  • Bought a Model 3 and sold a 14 year old minivan
  • Sold a 17 year old station wagon and bought a new Subaru Crosstrek
  • Changed total miles driven in each car owned significantly
  • Added a teenage male driver
  • Changed teen driver to an away at college driver
  • Added a teenage male driver
  • Added a 2 seat convertible summer and weekend car
  • Added a Model S...
...and that's just the last 4 years.

Very important indeed! I had an all state claim that was a pain. I've been on progressive for a long time now and my Wife's car got hit by a hit and run (probably a garbage truck). $300 deductible, they gave her a rental car ASAP even though we have no rental car coverage (guess it comes standard with uninsured/hit and run insurance) and her $9k car is in for $5k in damages. Process was super easy to start online and it's been zero hassle. Very impressed! So +1 for a good Progressive experience recently. (And only $450 for my Model 3 /6mo with $0 glass deductible).