Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northwest US supercharger updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just updated the map of superchargers coming soon. Here's the updates I noticed in the Northwest:

Specific timing now shown
Bellevue Square: Fall 2018
Vancouver, BC: Summer 2018

New for 2019
Burns, OR
White Rock, BC
Princeton, BC
Osoyoos, BC
Grand Forks, BC
Castlegar, BC
Creston, BC

All the other locations are still slated for 2018. Nothing seems to have been removed or changed.

Find Us | Tesla

Yeah! Here's how coincidentally relevant this is. I was about to go to a movie Saturday evening--already had my ticket, but was eating first--when I got a message from a friend. She said she had a really big favor to ask me to see if I could drive with her over to Bend because she has a friend in a pretty bad and kind of dangerous situation that she needed to get out of and bring her back to Boise. She was asking if I could do that the next day on Sunday, because it was kind of urgent. I said, well, I am about to go to a movie right now, and I have something I need to be at in Boise from about 2PM to 6PM. But if you really want this done and don't mind missing some sleep, I can pick you up right after my movie at 10PM, and we can leave, and that will be a round trip through the night in about 12 hours, for me to be back in time for my thing at 2PM. I said we would have to take our Civic, though, and she was a little bummed it wasn't going to be a Tesla trip. I told her if you had said anywhere but Bend, it could have been a Tesla trip. But we're time crunched and can't afford to take a leisurely 3 hour meal break to bridge that gap. So yeah, the trip went fine and very fast in the Civic, and I was awake for 36 hours, but it's not very convenient with the Tesla yet unless you can really take your time.

Can anyone check on Leavenworth, WA? Rumor has it that there is a new operational SC behind Dan's Market, 1329 US-2, Leavenworth, WA. The Tesla map shows nearby Wenatchee, WA as a future site. I'll probably cross-post in other NW threads.

I'm planning a trip up to my buddy's place in Ione (i'm in LA)... would be nice to have that Spokane site up and going soon!

Besides that, it's pretty much just RV parks huh?
Your closest supercharger will be Couer d'Alene which is about 100 miles away. Get a full charge there before you head up to Ione and then hopefully you can at least get plug into a 110V outlet for some overnight charging while you stay there. That should be fine if you are sticking around town, but if you are driving around the area a ton, you will either need to familiarize yourself with all the RV parks and campgrounds and pack your patience as well as your bag of adapters, or you can take your friends car :) It is a beautiful area up there.

I'm planning a trip up to my buddy's place in Ione (i'm in LA)... would be nice to have that Spokane site up and going soon!

Besides that, it's pretty much just RV parks huh?
I think @PLUS EV has the best overall recommendation. Coeur d'Alene to get you there, and if you can have a regular outlet, that will keep you going until you can get back. I was just looking through campgrounds in the Ione area, and it looks kind of sparse for ones with electrical hookups. The nearest one seems to be Mt. Linton RV and Trailer Park, but that's in Metaline, North of Ione. I guess if needed, you might be able to work out a deal to charge on one of their hookups for a couple hours while you get lunch there in town.
Mt Linton RV and Trailer Park | Near Metaline Washington

Thanks! I'll be staying up there for a week+ so once I'm in the town area I'll have no issue with maintaining or driving around.
FYI, I have made two trips up to a rural area between Colville and Tiger in my 70D. I didn't want to go all the way to Coeur d'Alene, so only charged in Ritzville. I had overnight charging at an RV park one time and another time I had a couple of hours on a modified 30amp dryer plug. My backups were several L1 opportunities as well as some plugshare users in Spokane. From LA, you will be fine going through Coeur d'Alene and using L1 for a the week. No worries.

Reactions: JasonA-EV
Thanks! I'll be staying up there for a week+ so once I'm in the town area I'll have no issue with maintaining or driving around.
Given your plans, the main purpose of plugging in to something (anything!) is to avoid the vampire drain which can be quite substantial over the course of a week. If you were just driving up and back, you'd probably make it from CDA-Ione-CDA no problem (assuming you have at least a 70), but you could lose a lot of Rated Miles in a week, even if you just leave it parked somewhere. A dryer outlet would be great, but 110V is fine, especially if there are some days where you don't use it at all. If that's the case, the battery should be full after your off day.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
I found this report that Tesla is pursuing a new supercharger installation in Chelan, WA.

City Administrator Mike Jackson reported that the City has continued to receive emails and telephone calls from TESLA about bringing super chargers to the town. “Every city (who has chargers) has struck a different deal,” said Jackson.

City Attorney Quentin said he would like to do more research on the proposal. The most likely location for the seven proposed super chargers would be a Safeway’s parking lot on City property just behind the little corner park.

Councilwoman Wendy Isenhart remarked that the City is already providing free charging for electric cars behind City Hall. “It’s kinda of nice that the Chelan does that,” said Isenhart. Given the time it takes to charge an electric car, people have a chance to go shopping or to a restaurant.

Other areas discussed were across the street on the north side of the Library and over on Saunders along the wide right-of-ways. Jackson said that the Tesla people have shown an interest in all of those areas. Their main concern is being close enough to the center of town so the Tesla owners can walk, shop and eat while their vehicles are charging.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Why do they want to build a supercharger in Chelan when they just opened one in Leavenworth.
Would make the HWY 97 corridor into more Canada more complete. In fact it’ll be possible for some Tesla’s as it is about 190mi from Chelan to Kelowna SuC. Now when they put one in Omak/Okanagan that will be truly compete and take care of the HWY20 loop as well

Personally, I think Tesla is approaching any and all municipalities within a 2 hr drive of Tacoma-Seattle-Arlington. And why wouldn’t they? This is where the cars are. Leavenworth, Wenatchee, Chelan, Omak, Yakima, Olympia, Fork, whatever. Any municipality that says no is CRAZY!!! Why wouldn’t you want drivers of $100k+ cars coming to you?