Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norton Supercharger - Winchester

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - new M3 LR owner here. Got to do a trip to Southampton from South Leicestershire and the route planner is saying 15 min charge at Norton Park Winchester. Anyone used this one? I think there is only 2 chargers and restricted access? If not, what would be a better plan?

Hi - new M3 LR owner here. Got to do a trip to Southampton from South Leicestershire and the route planner is saying 15 min charge at Norton Park Winchester. Anyone used this one? I think there is only 2 chargers and restricted access? If not, what would be a better plan?
It's fine if you're in an emergency. But if there's an alternative on route I'd go for that one. They're some of the oldest in the UK and have issues every now and again, as well as being quite slow.

A few things;
- It's in a Hotel Car-park that's a good 15 minute route trip diversion off the A34.
- There's only two stalls that 'Power Share' so you'll not go above 50Kwh if there's another car charging next to you
- Recently, the charger has gone off-line quite a bit, there's some other posts on the forums about it.

If you are taking the A34, a much closer alternative is the Grid-Serve Electric Highway chargers which are at both Sutton scotney North and South services. There's also a McDonalds there to grab some good. They are also limited to 50Kwh, but they don't have a hefty diversion that Norton Supercharger does.

Reactions: chris_pople
The Winchester Superchargers at the Winchester Showroom are nearing completion, the new power cables were being installed last time I passed by. They will be less than 1 mile from Junction 9 on the M3 and the end of the A34.
Amusingly, they are facing the Mercedes showroom next door!

It was completely out of service last week. Double check that it’s up and running as it appears to be a known flaky location due to being an old installation. If stuck there is an excellent 50kW podpoint rapid west side Southampton at Lidl in Nursling that has a large lightly used car park… check out Zap-Map. I used it a couple of times at the end of last week mid mornings and there was nobody else using it.