TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Norway deliveries slowdown?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by twonius, Aug 14, 2018.

1. twonius

twonius Member

I've seen this meme poppingup on twitter.

Are they having to hold off until they can service the cars already in country or is there some other logistic issue going on?

[​IMG]

2. Shankar N

Shankar N Member

Yup. July sales was just 64 units compared to 164 units last year. Overall numbers are up for the year, but Q3 is going to be a bummer. Tesla must be slowing things down for service capacity to catch up.

• Like x 1
  3. Valore

Valore Member

Many people waiting for Audi E-Tron and Porsche Taycan here.

Many registrations, over 3000 in April, now probably 10000 or so. People have very high hopes for these fine cars. Could play a role in Tesla car delivery slowdown.

Audi e-tron: Dan Remy fikk spionbilder av den kommende storselgeren
    Over 3.000 nordmenn har betalt depositum på 20.000 kroner, for å være tidlig ute i køen når Audi kommer med sin første elbil.

Translated: Over 3,000 Norwegians have paid a deposit of 20,000 kroner, to be early in the queue when Audi comes with his first electric car.

4. lklundin

lklundin Member

Another possible factor is the US federal tax credit being uncapped during 18H2 and then cut in half.
    This could mean that domestic Tesla deliveries are being given priority over the export ones.

• Like x 1
  5. twonius

twonius Member

I'm skeptical of competition as an explaination. Seems weird that there would've been gangbusters sales right up until the beginning of July if it was competition. ETron probably won't be delivering until November even iPace is pretty hard to come by.

More likely holding back deliveries to prioritize the US due to tax credit expiry. I know at least one person who finally got their 3 after having put down a day 1 deposit. My guess is there's still a lot of backlog to get through there.

6. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

It's just logistics. Deliveries picked up on Friday and will likely continue to be elevated for a while.

7. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S P100D (after 90D and P85 Signature)

Also a lot of cars going to The Netherlands, which in June alone accounted for 1/6 of all Model S and X being built.

• Like x 1