Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norway road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all,

I am planning a road trip from Oslo to the Northcape. Looking around for rental options with not a lot of success. Any ideas?

Also what would you suggest logistically once we arrive up north for returning the car, without having to drive back all the way to the south (or even many hours!) ? Any ideas or experiences are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Dear all,

I am planning a road trip from Oslo to the Northcape. Looking around for rental options with not a lot of success. Any ideas?

Also what would you suggest logistically once we arrive up north for returning the car, without having to drive back all the way to the south (or even many hours!) ? Any ideas or experiences are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Personally I just hitchhiked it, took a side trip over to the lofoten islands and that was the highlight but the whole trip was good, this was 30 years ago so today...not sure. Great trip. Seabird colonies along the rocky beaches like a scene from Nat Geo.

One caution- NORWEGIAN SPEED TRAPS...oh yes. They are the worst I have ever seen anywhere, if you have a non norwegian plate and drive around a blind corner of a fjord and the speed drops by 20km and ...there is mr law and you are paying $$$ or $$$$ to keep driving. So, watch the speeds.

Reactions: lunitiks
I'm looking to hire a Tesla in Norway this year. It's a shame the P2P platform Nabobil does not allow non-Nordic driving licenses, I love the idea of P2P care hire. Does anyone know of any other companies hiring Teslas in Norway? Is there a way to convert my UK licence to apply for a Nordic licence?

I'm looking to hire a Tesla in Norway this year. It's a shame the P2P platform Nabobil does not allow non-Nordic driving licenses, I love the idea of P2P care hire. Does anyone know of any other companies hiring Teslas in Norway? Is there a way to convert my UK licence to apply for a Nordic licence?

Sixt has Teslas: Vehicles details

And it looks like Avis has Tesla: Luksus- og smartbiler, fra småbiler til store firehjulstrekkere

Sites in Norwegian (sorry), but maybe there is a language selector or you can use "Google translate". If not, you can paste here and we will translate for you :)