Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norway Roadtrip: all the way from The Netherlands and Belgium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A while ago some Dutch and Belgium Tesla owners started talking about taking an extended roadtrip with our cars. We met online here on this forum first, discussed details and next week the whole thing will finally happen. We will be driving for a week, covering a distance of over 2500 miles (some even 3200 miles).

It will be epic. We have 9 cars and we want to show the world what an amazing travelling car the Model S is.

If you are interested, you can follow the story here: Tesla Road Trips | Driving the best vehicle in the world!

I can't wait to get going!

Looks like a nice trip. I assume you're planning on using the Superchargers almost exclusively, but it could be a good idea for at least some of the members of the group to bring CHAdeMO adapters and Type 2 cables. The UMC might not work everywhere due to the different grounding system.

Personally, I'd try to drive as little as possible on the motorway. It goes faster, but it's so boring. There are alternative routes almost everywhere. (The most boring parts are Sweden - Lillehammer and Kristiansand - Oslo.)

A while ago some Dutch and Belgium Tesla owners started talking about taking an extended roadtrip with our cars. We met online here on this forum first, discussed details and next week the whole thing will finally happen. We will be driving for a week, covering a distance of over 2500 miles (some even 3200 miles).

It will be epic. We have 9 cars and we want to show the world what an amazing travelling car the Model S is.

If you are interested, you can follow the story here: Tesla Road Trips | Driving the best vehicle in the world!

I can't wait to get going!

If all nine cars are traveling together, won't you run out of plugs at a lot of Superchargers and have a car or two waiting until the others finish before they can plug in at all?

If all nine cars are traveling together, won't you run out of plugs at a lot of Superchargers and have a car or two waiting until the others finish before they can plug in at all?
Yes. But we'll leave the hotels in two groups, with 30-45 minutes in between. That way we won't have that problem.

It does take some planning and arguing over who gets to sleep in that day :)