Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norwich Service Centre, where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
And I came and said hi, hope that was you, what did you think? I thought the Y was amazing. great to have Tesla in Norwich.
R
Hi mate, yes that was me! Was good to meet you, albeit very briefly as I was starting my test drive.

Overall very impressed with the Y, and I will probably get one, the space in the front, and especially in the back and boot is a massive improvement over the 3. Performance and handling appear to be extremely close to the 3, so definitely a non-issue for me.

There is a slight reservation though, the ride is slightly crashier than the 3, and there are boomy sounds transferred into the cabin each time the wheel hits a major imperfection in the road. It was even worse when I first started the test drive, and as others are reporting, the tyre pressures were way too high, around 49 psi, so I stopped and lowered them all to 42 psi. The structural 4680 battery pack may improve this, as well as giving other improvements to the car, so I will at least wait until the first US 4680 Ys are delivered, which will reportedly be by the end of this month.

Reactions: M3LRblack
Hi all. Very cool that this has now opened. Have been watching with interest and surprised it's open already! Don't suppose anyone has their number? Can't find it online. Keen to arrange a Y test drive (assuming you can just call and arrange one!). Thanks

Hi mate, yes that was me! Was good to meet you, albeit very briefly as I was starting my test drive.

Overall very impressed with the Y, and I will probably get one, the space in the front, and especially in the back and boot is a massive improvement over the 3. Performance and handling appear to be extremely close to the 3, so definitely a non-issue for me.

There is a slight reservation though, the ride is slightly crashier than the 3, and there are boomy sounds transferred into the cabin each time the wheel hits a major imperfection in the road. It was even worse when I first started the test drive, and as others are reporting, the tyre pressures were way too high, around 49 psi, so I stopped and lowered them all to 42 psi. The structural 4680 battery pack may improve this, as well as giving other improvements to the car, so I will at least wait until the first US 4680 Ys are delivered, which will reportedly be by the end of this month.
Hi all. Very cool that this has now opened. Have been watching with interest and surprised it's open already! Don't suppose anyone has their number? Can't find it online. Keen to arrange a Y test drive (assuming you can just call and arrange one!). Thanks
You can just book it online here:

Reactions: Englishman
One of the service advisors advised that the Norwich Service Centre in theory should be opening for service as soon as the “end of next week”, i.e. probably Monday 28th, depending if they are trained in the vernacular of Elon time. It’s not yet there when I try to reschedule my current service booking.

• Informative
Reactions: Dilly
I had an email this afternoon saying the show room and service centre are now open. Service bookings are available via the Tesla app. There were some available for next week, other locations wait was May!
I’ve got 5th April booked for condensation in my pillar cameras.
I’ve waited for Norwich to open. Tried other centres but never swaps to mobile ranger so I cancelled. Didn’t fancy a 200 mile round trip. Now it’s just 25 miles. :)

Earliest date now Tue 12th April from the reschedule of existing service booking on the app, so very quickly filled up the service time. Still going off to Chelmsford with a Go Zero chauffeur shuttle back and return in a few days time, so long as they have the necessary parts that weren't available in time for my initial booking date. Is a warranty repair as it happens enabling loan vehicle, except Chelmsford are very light on those. I'd rather have back-ache inducing suspension failure of some kind addressed sooner of course (by the trainers, not the recent trainees).

Guessing no word on Superchargers being put in? I'll be in Norwich for Easter to visit my Mother and looks like the closest Rapid (150kW) charger to where she lives is the single InstaVolt one at McDonald's at Norwich Airport. I also notice the Gridserve hub in Postwick isn't open until end of April! Maybe one to look forward to come Christmas... or 🤞they finally put in ones at the Tesla Service/Sales centre.

Reactions: teaston