TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nose Cone (preferably without sensors)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Raven, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Since I don't need the license plate holder in the front anymore, I'm looking to replace my cone. I had the early holder where you drilled into the nose cone. Do they still do that? Anyhow, my car was also pre-sensors so I'd prefer one that doesn't have them. PM me if you have any leads. Thanks.

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

Your service center can get one from you. About $450 new (...depends on whether it is pre- or post-PDC sensors).

3. Raven

Raven Member

i know. I guess I should have clarified that I think $450 for a piece of plastic is ridiculous.

4. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

If you think thats bad, the plastic "T" that goes on that nosecone, is $50..... I decided to duplicate mine after my nosecone fell off and scratched the living crud out of the T. I am going to sand cast a replacement out of Aluminum. Probabally wont work out well, and look like crud, but it will give me something to do :) Worst case, it ends up being a Christmas tree ornament!