Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nose cone should be painted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NET

May 22, 2013
New York
This should be an option when you buy the car. I think it would look much better.
tesla copy.jpg

No offense, but I don't like that at all - neither the color nor matching the nose come to the body. I'm not a huge fan of the plastic nose, but attempts to hide it just seem to accentuate it even more. The only solution I've ever liked is wrapping it in carbon fiber.

I am far more interested in WHAT you used to wrap it with. It is a wrap right?

What product?

I had a wrapping shop use Avery products and the color turned awful ... red turned into plum ... but I got nowhere near the gloss you have achieved!

So what is your secret?

Thread title should be "There should be an option to paint the nose". I don't agree it should be painted -- looks tacky IMO (maybe it's just that color). All for offering the option to those who like the look though (even if I'm not sure it's a worthwhile thing for Tesla to do).

I'd rather see the ugly Tesla logo gone. Frankly the whole nose cone is ugly. I'd rather there be no nose cone at all, just a smooth seamless front. The whole angry-scowling-face look of the Model S's front end is kinda off-putting. Leave that to the BMWs, and the big blingy badges to the Mercedes. I'm sure my opinion won't be shared with most TMC'ers, but that's my take.

Personally I am not thrilled with Teslas treatment of the front. In Colorado one is supposed to have front plates and I hate getting tickets. So including our front plates, here are two ideas that I came up with. 2. Carries through the graphics of the Colo plates. We haven't done anything yet, but your comments are welcomed.

RNG

_DSC4744-Chrome-1EM.jpg

Tesla4745-Mountain-2EM.jpg