Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nose cone wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's going to be a while until my p85d arrives but I want to wrap the nose cone.

Any guides floating around on this?

Want to black wrap the chrome on the nose cone. Also want to put a carbon wrap on the upper part with a deep red wrap on the tesla badge.

I'm just not sure how easy this will be. Is the nose cone easily detachable and the badge too?

The park assist sensors are the only issue with a full wrap on the nose cone. I had gotten a wrap done on my early-2013 S60 (you can search for my handle and carbon fiber nose cone wrap); back then, there were no sensors.

And, removing the nose cone is very easy; hit those two big-button-like plastic panels towards the front of the frunk under the hood - there's a YouTube video too posted by a forum member.

Removing nose cone, not that hard. Just get a plastic hard card, and start "popping" the nose cone out

Removing the chrome trim pieces and "T", a little more challenging. The T is on double-sided tape. So just some fishing line will remove it and some adhesive cleaner will get the residue off. The actual chrome trim, quite challenging. Just be careful not to break the plastic tabs...the chrome piece is actually plastic, not real metal chrome

Installing the vinyl without bubble and it looking OEM, not too difficult.

Trimming the vinyl over the sensors, if applicable, let a pro do it.

Removing the chrome trim pieces and "T", a little more challenging. The T is on double-sided tape. So just some fishing line will remove it and some adhesive cleaner will get the residue off. The actual chrome trim, quite challenging. Just be careful not to break the plastic tabs...the chrome piece is actually plastic, not real metal chrome

removing the chrome is near impossible. I broke about 70% of the clips trying to be extra careful. I was able to snap it back in basically only using a few remaining clips that are half broken off too.