Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nose from front suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hamadaa

Sep 18, 2021
Sj
Hi all, couldn't quite find a similar post but has anyone come across the noises you hear at :03 - :08 and around :24? The link is below and basically I put a GoPro under the car to get a better listen.

The first is a constant clicking noise when I turn the steering wheel.

The second is a zipper kind of noise on medium/hard start/stop.

SC seems to think the latter is normal but tried to swap some parts and lube the joints to no avail.

Any ideas?

This is a 2021 raven. Dec 20

I'd have Tesla check the half shafts. My Raven has had them replaced twice. The second time was just last week and this time they installed updated parts. Mine didn't sound like your example but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same root issue.

Yeah that was the one set of parts they didn't replace. They said that was a much more involved repair and they didn't feel too excited to do it. I guess I should press them on that because these creaking noises are super annoying!

I have that same noise, and the Burlingame Service center says those creaks are normal. Sometimes I would here a "knock" sound when I turn the steering wheel, which they couldn't fix the first couple times I brought in. They basically tightened bolts or something. Are these half shaft issues?