Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nosecone frunk pieces and face-lift frunk pieces the same?

Videofrank

2015 P85D
Oct 24, 2018
New York/New Jersey
I recently upgraded to the face-lift bumper on my 2015 P85D. I didn't change the frunk tub or the underhood trim. I reused the ones that came with the car except for the part that goes over the v bar assembly. That part won't fit right so that one I changed from the face-lift version. The problem now is that the two side underhood pieces don't fit right. I had to cut the the facelift front part to allow the side pieces to to fit better. Then I used black gorilla tape to hold the front piece to the two side pieces. So whenever I open the frunk, you see the black gorilla tape. It looks bad. Also doesn't help my OCD.

So here's my question, can I just buy all the underhood trim pieces from a face-lift version and put it in my car to make it look stock? Or do I have to change the frunk tub too? Or maybe more?

Please help!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC