Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nosecone Wrapping Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that RPM is no longer offering their carbon fiber wrapped nosecone replacement, does anybody know of any similar alternatives? My nosecone has minor scuffing and I would wrap it myself, but it has the parking sensors and I am sure I would find a way to mess them up...

71A5FCE1-57AE-4F5F-933A-D050D11B9D4B.jpeg
After much digging without finding any straightforward options, I decided to give it a go myself. Got the vinyl from Amazon ($20), watched a bunch of YouTube videos and armed with a box cutter, a credit card, a microfiber cloth and a hairdryer, went at it.

Now, for full disclosure, in case things went very south, I got a cheap used nosecone from eBay and worked on that one. That way I would not risk grounding the car if I somehow broke the nosecone. If at the end it turned out to look half decent, I would just move the sensors from the good one.

And that is what happened. It is far from perfect, but if you don’t look too hard, it doesn't scream homemade (I hope). And with the leftover vinyl I also wrapped the door handles. Because why not.

Moving the sensors was surprisingly straightforward. Double sided tape that was easily removed with dental floss and a spatula.

Here is the final result. The nosecone already had the red logo and chrome delete. I was afraid it would be too flashy, but now I kind of dig how it works with the carbon fiber wrap.

Further down the road, I might try wrapping the other nosecone to match the blue paint. And then I can just swap them depending on the occasion :D

View attachment 429411 After much digging without finding any straightforward options, I decided to give it a go myself. Got the vinyl from Amazon ($20), watched a bunch of YouTube videos and armed with a box cutter, a credit card, a microfiber cloth and a hairdryer, went at it.

Now, for full disclosure, in case things went very south, I got a cheap used nosecone from eBay and worked on that one. That way I would not risk grounding the car if I somehow broke the nosecone. If at the end it turned out to look half decent, I would just move the sensors from the good one.

And that is what happened. It is far from perfect, but if you don’t look too hard, it doesn't scream homemade (I hope). And with the leftover vinyl I also wrapped the door handles. Because why not.

Moving the sensors was surprisingly straightforward. Double sided tape that was easily removed with dental floss and a spatula.

Here is the final result. The nosecone already had the red logo and chrome delete. I was afraid it would be too flashy, but now I kind of dig how it works with the carbon fiber wrap.

Further down the road, I might try wrapping the other nosecone to match the blue paint. And then I can just swap them depending on the occasion :D

Looks really nice, great job

Reactions: Vinc
View attachment 429411 After much digging without finding any straightforward options, I decided to give it a go myself. Got the vinyl from Amazon ($20), watched a bunch of YouTube videos and armed with a box cutter, a credit card, a microfiber cloth and a hairdryer, went at it.

Nice! about to try this but with the pearl, don't see loosing about $15 to try it out.

Reactions: Vinc