Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nostalgia for my SP85DL+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

Bittersweet yesterday for me. I drove my beloved Cerise, my MCR SP85D+ to my local Tesla store, where it constituted most of the payment for my new MCR P3D.

Of course, having spent a few hundred miles driving a Model 3 I know I'll be very, very happy with it, and pleased to have a smaller car.

But...Cerise introduced me to electric cars and drove me happily, even blissfully, all around North America. As Superchargers appeared she gravitated to longer and longer trips. Soon after i bought her she actually carried a sofa home with me, much to the amazement of bystanders who thought it would never work.

In early 2015 she was in Columbus, Ohio with me preparing to return to Miami when a software update was offered just as I was about to set off. I delayed my departure to install the update, which turned out to be the first version of autopilot. I was astonished to find that it worked at all, even more when it improved during my three days trip back to Miami. In retrospect I was the one learning, AP-1 probably did not change much during that trip. Still, AP-1 was a revelation!

During the following three years she learned Ludicrous and even LTE plus a couple of dozen updates that added innumerable incremental improvements.

Now I leave her to someone else. I kept her longer than I have ever kept a car, and i have loved her so much that my spouse called her "your mistress".

I hope whoever buys her finds her to be as delightful as I have. I miss her already!

considering a similar trade myself, as I didn't want such a big car, but I'm used to it now and pretty attached to it. I think the P85DL+ is a great combo, and the cost now (to either keep it, or to buy a used one) makes it a pretty good value.

Also pretty sure AP1 update was late October 2015 (or early Nov?)

Do you mind posting the vin ? If it was a good car and will be a Cpo , someone here may want to giver her a good home

Ps what did they give you on trade in if you wouldn’t mind as a data point ?
Thx
@jbcarioca , if you are not comfortable sharing a VIN, if you see your car in the CPO, can you report back whether Tesla removed Ludicrous before making it a CPO? I haven't seen a P85DL on CPO's for a long time, curious whether they remove the option for some reason (reliability, cuts into P100D sales too much as it's half price for slightly less performance?).

Would love to hear whatever initial impressions you have of your new M3 performance vs Cerise :)
I don’t have any yet because I have not yet taken delivery, since I left last night for Brazil and will only return in a month or so. Sad that Imam technically Tesla-less right now.

Reactions: P85_DA